Systems / Data Security Specialist
- Chester, England, United Kingdom Chester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
Systems / Data Security Specialist
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Global Information Security (GIS)
An exciting opportunity as a Systems / Data Security Specialist is available for a talented individual to work in our GIS area in Chester.
The Cyber Event Response Team's mission is to reduce risk across Bank of America Merrill Lynch by using existing or establishing robust cyber-hacking and malicious code containment activities for the security, safeguarding, continuity and confidentiality of information at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
The malware analyst will be responsible for analyzing various malware samples, understanding remediation efforts, track espionage actors and their infrastructure, and report on those findings to our customers.
This role is required to provide in region resilience as part of the follow the sun model leveraged by cyber security operations.
You will be the enterprise overview key individual contributor, with accountability for researching, designing, engineering, implementing, and supporting information security & technology systems (software & hardware).
As a Systems / Data Security Specialist your main responsibilities will involve:
- The Cyber Event Response Team's mission is to reduce risk across Bank of America Merrill Lynch by using existing or establishing robust cyber-hacking and malicious code containment activities for the security, safeguarding, continuity and confidentiality of information at BofAML.
- The malware analyst will be responsible for analyzing various malware samples, understanding remediation efforts, track espionage actors and their infrastructure, and report on those findings to our customers
- Successful candidates must be able to work independently on their given tasks, work well in a team environment, and come up with innovative ways to track progression of malware families, infrastructure, and campaigns conducted by espionage actors
As a Systems / Data Security Specialist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Direct experience in incident response surrounding malware related events (or must show equivalent competency)
- Investigate computer systems to identify malware infections or evidence of malware related activity
- Must have solid understanding of Microsoft Windows malware
- Must have a solid understanding of dynamic/static analysis of malware
- Background or experience in static analysis a plus
- Must be able to think outside the box and develop solutions to accomplish difficult tasks
- Ability to create scripts to automate certain tasks a plus
- Solid background in network traffic analysis
- Experience in encryption / obfuscation and how to reverse it a plus
- Proficient knowledge of networking protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPs, FTP, IRC, RPC, DNS, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to document findings, create reports and document processes to improve workflow
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field or having equivalent experience
- Detailed, bank specific access administration knowledge in Windows, Midrange and Mainframe Platforms with emphasis on security and access controls
- Good analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking
- Ability to work with Technical and Non-Technical business owners
- Assist with internal efficiencies projects and development
- Utilizes in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to design & implement secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the Bank's assets
- Develops and implements security standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse environment (e.g. client server, distributed, mainframe, etc.)
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results
- Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment