Senior Desktop Support. 6 Month FTC
- Cookstown, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity International
- 14 Feb 19
The rimary focus of your role will be desktop support, along with assisting with system rollout currently taking place across the organisation. You will also be involved in end user training sessions that are hosted at the TechHub
Technology Department overview
In a digital, fast changing world, will you help differentiate us from the competition?
It's a technological world - our clients want to engage with us using creative websites, great apps and through a first class customer service team, all supported by best in class technology solutions that keep their data secure. We pride ourselves on being a technology-powered organisation where technology is at the heart of everything we do. Our teams are focussed and nimble to react quickly to changing market conditions. We embrace a "start-up" approach, supported by a large, global organisation that nurtures great talent. We value a diverse workforce that drives different opinions and great ideas, leading to innovation, creativity and measured risk taking.
If you are passionate about delivering change in a technological world, look to Fidelity.
Desktop Services is a customer facing team, the primary goal is to deliver a high level of service aligned to business requirements and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
The team provide an important interface into the user base and other Technology teams, providing services around the following technologies - desktop (Windows and Mac), fixed and mobile telephony, basic network, video conferencing and MFP printing. A key growth area is the support of BYO and mobile device access to corporate environments.
The individual teams respond to faults (from minor individual issues to high severity incidents) raised by customers via a centralised service desk, undertake all new installations and moves of IT equipment and also resource a wide range of tasks as part of infrastructure projects. Recent developments have enhanced and developed the face-to-face support of business users in centralised, open technology "hubs" where the Desktop Services team welcome users to drop in and seek assistance.
Purpose of your role
The Technical Specialist - is part of an IT team that provides support to Fidelity business units in the Dublin office. You may also be required to offer remote support to other Fidelity offices via telephone, email, or remote access. The primary focus of your role will be desktop support, along with assisting with the Windows 10 rollout that is currently underway across the company. You will also be involved in end user training sessions that are hosted at the TechHub. This is an client facing role, and strong communication skills will be required.
This is a Technical role
- Operate at a departmental level.
- Be a fully experienced employee able to handle work independently and provide quality service.
- Work with limited supervision to achieve agreed targets and goals.
- Demonstrate solid technical knowledge.
- Actively participate as a team member - share with colleagues knowledge, skills and experience of process, product, standards and systems.
Your key accountabilities
- Provide local face to face IT support and consultancy to Dublin users via our TechHub Walk-in helpdesk.
- Assist with the current Windows 10 rollout to all Dublin employees.
- Liaise with Service Desk, Service Managers, International Technical teams and User Community to provide resolutions and customer support.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are met and maintained
- Achieve high quality of service support to the business community
- Provide remote support via remote desktop, email, Skype and Microsoft Teams.
- Provide on-site event support - audio visual / video conferencing.
- Deploy images to laptops / desktops by utilizing SCCM.
- Ensure Asset Management records are kept up to date - using our Service-Now asset management tool.
- Provide support for Ricoh Secure printing solution.
- Support for boards meetings - Convene Application.
- Document all fixes in knowledgebase system. Keep documentation up to date.
- Mobile device setup and support for Apple and Android products.
- Outlook mobile / Blackberry work application support.
- Mobile - MDM management - Microsoft Intune.
- Avaya PBX support and administration.
- Educating end users by participating in our 'TechHub' drop-in sessions.
Your skills and experience
- 5 years' experience in a similar position.
- Proven technical support experience.
- Solid knowledge of desktop environments Windows 10, MS Office 365, VDI, Wyse.
- SCCM knowledge would be an advantage.
- Excel, Macro support experience would be a plus.
- Experience supporting mobile technology and mobile applications / Microsoft Intune / DEP
- Printer Administration, Configuration and Troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of Networking concepts.
- Knowledge of Avaya IP Telephony, Polycom Video Conferencing.
- Industry Recognised Qualifications - MCSA / MCSE / MOS / CompTIA.
- Apple Mac knowledge would be an advantage.
- ITIL foundation certificated would be an advantage.
- Customer-service focus, with a positive, ''can do'' attitude.
- Initiative taker, results driven.
- Able to work under pressure and on tight deadlines and take ownership of issues until completion.
- Organised with good attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Flexible team player, comfortable in a multi-national environment.