Technical Consultant - Messaging. 6 Mth FTC
- Cookstown, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity International
- 21 Sep 18
You will be a member of the BAU Support Team with a primary focus on the Messaging & Collaboration infrastructure i.e. Exchange, Active Directory, Lync / Skype for Business.
Technology Department overview
In a digital, fast changing world, will you help differentiate us from the competition?
It's a technological world - our clients want to engage with us using creative websites, great apps and through a first class customer service team, all supported by best in class technology solutions that keep their data secure. We pride ourselves on being a technology-powered organisation where technology is at the heart of everything we do. Our teams are focussed and nimble to react quickly to changing market conditions. We embrace a "start-up" approach, supported by a large, global organisation that nurtures great talent. We value a diverse workforce that drives different opinions and great ideas, leading to innovation, creativity and measured risk taking.
If you are passionate about delivering change in a technological world, look to Fidelity.
The individual teams respond to faults (from minor individual issues to high severity incidents) raised by customers via a centralised service desk, undertake all new installations and moves of IT equipment and also resource a wide range of tasks as part of infrastructure projects.
Purpose of your role
Reporting to the Senior Technical Manager, the incumbent will be a member of the BAU Support Team with a primary focus on the Messaging & Collaboration infrastructure i.e. Exchange, Active Directory, Lync / Skype for Business.
Responsibilities will be wide ranging including managing and coordinating Service Improvement initiatives, DR testing and planning, being part of the 24x7 on call rota, change management and providing 3rd line support to other Windows Group teams as appropriate.
- Represent Technology to the user community to drive adoption of emerging solutions
- Employ a proactive and energetic approach to both personal assignments and Team collaboration
- Be a fully experienced employee able to handle more complex work or service provision.
- Work without supervision to achieve agreed targets and goals.
- Demonstrate specialist technical knowledge.
- Act as an informal or formal point of reference for technical specialist skills within team.
- Actively participate as a team member - share with colleagues knowledge, skills and experience of process, product, standards and systems. Lead by example.
- Operate at a departmental level
- Provide a high level of customer service in all user interaction
- Work with the Senior Technical Management, Product Owners and Project Managers to assist with the implementation and upgrading of technology across the Collaboration stack
- Help deliver service improvements without unnecessary investment in new products by working smarter, provision of better tools and better use of existing product set
- Adherence to Security Policy surrounding platform standards and provides engineering solutions to that policy as directed by the Security Product roadmap
- Supports the Operational BAU activities within the teams remits. Manages problem and incident tickets, plus attends IRBs as required.
- Actively manages and analyses the performance and capacity management of the infrastructure
- Ensures effective communication across the department and across geographically dispersed teams, including identifying new skills, skills gaps and working to improve overall team knowledge
- Excellent communication at all levels
Your Skills & Experience
- Excellent Exchange 2010 or 2013 troubleshooting & administration experience
- Excellent Active Directory 2003/2008/2012 troubleshooting & administration experience
- Excellent Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 R2 build, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience of Microsoft Cloud technologies including Azure & Office365 and associated infrastructure e.g. AD FS. Migration and operational experience is highly desirable.
- A good understanding of Group Policy, best practices, design, use, implementation and troubleshooting
- Good experience using Quest Active Roles
- Good experience of using and supporting Cisco IronPort and implementing and managing TLS
- Advanced PowerShell scripting for Windows, Exchange and AD administration
- Good experience of implementing, managing and troubleshooting Lync 2010 / 2013 / Skype for Business
- 3rd level support of MS Outlook
- Experience of Microsoft Cloud technologies including Azure & Office365 and associated infrastructure e.g. AD FS, AAD Connect
- Migration and operational experience in O365 is highly desirable
- Experience of Private Key Infrastructure (PKI), Active Directory Certificate Services and associated protocol standards as implemented on Windows
- Experience with SQL 2012, 2014
- A strong understanding of networking concepts and technologies such as HTTP, SMTP, DNS, TCP/IP, and other web protocols, proxies and load balancers
- Experience presenting & reporting to technical and management teams
- Knowledge of VMWare Virtualisation platform (Highly Desirable)
- ITL certified (Desirable) with a knowledge of structured change management.