Senior Research Analyst – Aerospace Defense & Security
Jane's Defense Equipment and Technology Intelligence Centre from Jane's by IHS Markit, offers the World's only single resource for comprehensive, unclassified, and up-to-date intelligence on military equipment (air, sea, land and space) in production and use around the globe.
With over 40,000 equipment profiles, the Jane's Defense Equipment and Technology Intelligence Centre (JDET) structured database allows analysts and operators to rapidly identify equipment and accurately assess capabilities and status.
Building on over 100 years of data, and leveraging Jane's team of subject matter experts, JDET is critical to the success of any national security, defense industry or academic organization that needs timely, accurate and validated information on military platforms, weapons and systems.
We are now recruiting for a Senior Research Analyst specializing in Electro-optic/Infrared (EO/IR) systems, who will be responsible for maintaining and updating defense equipment and technology databases in the domain of EO/IR systems in an analytically rigorous fashion, considering technical development and progress in this domain. Data and information sources include open sources such as research publications, industry press releases and websites, government press releases and websites, topic specific industry conferences, trade shows and defense expos as well as pro-active coordination with other analysts. Responsibilities:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of research and development, production, and support programs that affect training and simulation systems operating worldwide
- Research, review and validate all the existing write ups (records) of the database for correctness, consistency, completeness and currency
- Create new records for the equipment and variants which have been recently developed or in service
- Restructure the records for ease of assimilation of customers by following a granular and structured template
- Contribute to periodic articles for inclusion in other aerospace and defense online and hard copy content
- Contribute to consulting projects in the domain of EO/IR systems
- Provide analysis and insight into technology and market opportunities and trends via periodic reports, client briefings, and online seminars
- Respond to basic, non-complex research-related questions from clients
- Good technical knowledge of EO/IR systems and past experience of having worked in this field would be an added advantage
- The ability to deliver analysis and insight through client facing briefings and clear, concisely written documents is essential
- Proven record of undertaking project orientated work to strict deadlines
- Strong research abilities
- Computer competency that includes a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications as well as an ability to conduct on-line and electronic research
- Ability to quickly adapt and work with new information technology applications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience, in a relevant subject
- Strong English language skills are essential
- Self-discipline to meet deadlines while meeting established qualitative and quantitative goals
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.