Financial Crime Analytics (SAS / SQL)
- Coventry, England, United Kingdom Coventry England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
The purpose of this role is to lead and manage a broad spectrum analytics team within Financial Crime Analytics; focussed on the BUK portion of Barclays Plc. Key skills needed for the role are SAS programming, SQL programming and Tableau dashboard development.
Overall purpose of role
The purpose of this role is to lead and manage a broad spectrum analytics team within Financial Crime Analytics; focussed on the BUK portion of Barclays Plc. Analytic activity undertaken will include all of the following - ad hoc data analytics to support the day to day work of the FCC function, visualisation analytics to build powerful dashboards and reports for end-user consumption, use of leading edge data science techniques to build Machine Learning solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of key FCC processes, monitoring and tracking of the performance of analytic outputs in line with relevant group standards (ex. Model Risk Policy) and automation/production of analytic processes and their maintenance.
The role holder will be accountable for leading and managing a Financial Crime Analytics and Data Science team which is specifically tasked to;
- Conduct ad hoc analytics to understand, size and inform decision making in partnership with other teams within FCC.
- Be expert users of data and always on the look out for new data sources that can help the function better understand, measure and detect Financial Crime risk.
- Use visualisation tools to make rich data insights accessible to the non-technical teams with FCC, and drive data led decisions.
- Deploy leading-edge Data Science techniques (ex. Machine Learning) to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the FCC function, in accordance with Act 2 principles.
- Liaise with the Data & Infrastructure, Investigations Analytics and BI Analytics teams as necessary to meet FCC objectives.
- Understand and enact the relevant Barclays policies and controls associated with analytical and production processes - ex. Group Model Risk Policy. Ensure analytic tool developed by the team are monitored and that their performance is understood and communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that a robust production process is in place such that analytic outputs and processes can be promoted to a well defined and controlled production environment.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of key developments in both the analytics industry and the financial crime/compliance industry and the scope for interaction between the two.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- This role requires the management of a team which deliver highly material analytics services to IMI and the wider FCC org.
- Challenge existing processes and capabilities within the team, initiate and encourage improved ways of working to realise efficiencies and more reliable outputs.
- Identify both external and internal vendors and technologies that can improve the Financial Crime Capabilities
- Continuously identify relevant data sources to meet Financial Crime priorities based on the limitations of existing dataset, market leading developments and direct stakeholder feedback.
- Work with teams in multiple jurisdictions.
The candidate must be able to evidence:
- Strong technical understanding of financial crime (AML, sanctions, terrorist financing, human trafficking) and data available for analysis (both internally and externally).
- Strong understanding of the concepts and principles of statistical data modelling and of applying such experience commercially and within a big data environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong record of experience in successfully building relationships and engaging across a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders both within and beyond the function.
- Strong leadership skills, commercially aware, able to identify solutions and package ideas and results in a logical, understandable and compelling way
- High degree of coding ability - significant experience required in any (preferably several) of: SQL, SAS, Python, R.
- Effective stakeholder management, project ownership and delivery
- Up to date knowledge of the UK and Global Financial Crime regulatory framework and future legislative responsibilities.
- In-depth understanding of a Financial Institutions systems infrastructure (Customer, Transactional, Payments) and Financial Crime monitoring and detection systems
- The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of Banking data used in analytics for Fraud/Financial Crime. Preferably, this experience will have been gained during a Banking career focussed on analytics with Credit, Fraud or Financial Crime Risk.
- Professional qualifications within the Financial Crime are desirable (AML qualifications such as ICA, ACAMS)
- The ideal candidate will have a high quality degree level education in a numerate/scientific discipline.
- The ideal candidate will be creative and forward thinking, striving to improve and find solutions through effective innovation and project management
- Good knowledge of the Financial Services industry