Senior Cloud Engineer
About The Role
We're looking for an experienced and highly motivated person to join the Technical Solutions Cloud team which is responsible for the design, build and implementation of technical solutions using Cloud technologies to meet business requirements and aligned to architectural strategy.
You'll have a strong background in implementing new infrastructure within medium-large enterprises. And also enjoy developing code and have made the leap to bring these two aspects together to automate the delivery of new infrastructure solutions, making it easy to deploy.
You'll be experienced in developing infrastructure-as-code, utilising pipelines and tools such as Github, Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, Ansible or similar.
Demonstrable experience in Scripting and Programing Languages such as - Powershell, Python and Shell is also key.
One of the things we are proud of at Coventry Building Society is our dedication to wellbeing. We understand that you have commitments - be it picking up children, being a carer for someone or a spin class you just can't miss. We recognise the importance of helping you balance your working life with other priorities - whether that's our working from home policy or our flexibility with the working hours in the day. If you want to consider this vacancy but are concerned about the working hours, apply and let's talk about how we may be able to accommodate your needs, whilst making sure we meet our members' needs.
• Solid experience of core Amazon infrastructure including EC2, S3, ELB's, Auto scaling, Lambda, RDS, VPC's, Security Groups, IAM, Cloud Formation or equivalent Azure
• Solid understanding of Amazon availability zones, regions and HA strategies or Azure equivalent
• In-depth understanding of cloud based architectures, specifically AWS or Azure.
• Previous experience as a Network\Linux\Windows system administrator building & supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems (or equivalent)
• Previous experience of supporting virtualization technologies (or equivalent)
• Strong scripting/automation skills
• In-depth understanding of cloud networking security concepts, such as IP subnets, security groups, NACLs, routing, firewalls.
• Systems management procedures in a large commercial, mission-critical environment.
• Capacity planning, performance tuning, proactive monitoring.
• Change control, delivery pipelines, release procedures and tools.
• ITIL based service management framework
• Working knowledge of physical to virtual migrations into AWS or Azure.
• Monitoring and Dashboard creation within the AWS / Azure.
• Familiarity with the concept of infrastructure/software development paths such as AGILE and LEAN
• Certified in AWS/Azure to Associate Level
• AWS & Security Architecture
• AWS AMI Creation
• Monitoring tools such as Solarwinds and AppDynamics
• Knowledge of Enterprise level database solutions, such as Oracle and MS-SQL
Internally this role is known as Senior Technical Specialist
About The Company
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.