Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Solaris - 12 Month FTC
About The Role
We're looking for a highly skilled and motivated infrastructure engineer to be a subject matter expert (SME) in the Solaris space. You'll be responsible for the design, build and implementation of technical solutions which satisfy business needs and align to agreed IT infrastructure roadmaps. You'll work closely with all areas of IT and Change including; Architecture, PMO and fellow delivery and operational teams.
This role is primarily standard office hours based. However, some out of hours work may be required to implement solutions.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and can add real value and make a difference and has significant experience in delivering IT services and solutions. This role is key to ensuring the Society is best placed to face the challenges of today and tomorrow and as such you will work in a demanding environment and therefore you will need to have strong technical and interpersonal skills, including excellent communication abilities.
For this role we're looking for someone to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract.
• Excellent Solaris 10 & 11
• Strong RHEL 7.x /8.x
• Storage Technologies such as ZFS, LVM, Veritas Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager
• Scripting skills predominantly Korn shell, Python and Pearl.
• Design and project implementation experience
The following Skills are desirable:
• Configuration/Administration of Oracle (Sun) Hardware - M Series, T Series Servers, LDOMs
• Familiarity with PCI and non-PCI environment
• Appreciation of Oracle Databases and Applications (Oracle E-Business, Oracle Forms, Oracle Internet Directory)
• Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager
• Apache/Tomcat Web services
• Backup software (Commvault Simpana,)
• SAN technology (IBM A9000) FC-HBA & NFS connectivity and utilities.
• AWS & DevOps awareness and or experience
About The Company
As a team, we work really closely with each other and various areas of IT. This enables us to maintain a 'family' feel to what we do; you'll support, care and succeed together. Within this close-knit team, you'll to grow with us and to play a key part in a thriving, growing organisation - you'll feel like you belong. Appealing, right?
That's not all! We're passionate about what we do, whether this is conducting our key processes, making change happen to procedures or supporting the local community.
You'll take pride in being here, and to make sure that you can cram all of this into a typical week as a Infrastructure Engineer - Solaris/Linux, we are closely aligned to the Society values. These are designed to make sure you'll do what's right and we deliver our main promise; putting members first.
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.