Senior Network Specialist
About The Role
We're looking for a Senior Network Specialist
to own and deliver technical solutions across multiple disciplines, contributing to and aligning with architectural strategy to deliver to project or programme timescales.
You'll will be accountable for the design, build and implementation of technical solutions to meet Business requirements and IT Infrastructure roadmaps.
Ensure compliance with policies, processes & standards and delivery is to the desired timescales.
Manage the key stakeholder expectations by owning the risks and issues associated with their projects, ensuring these are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
Provide guidance, support and training to less experienced members of the team.
About You Key skills:
• Excellent CISCO routing & switching skills (QoS, BGP, OSPF / EIGRP, STP etc.)
• Load balancers (F5 LTM & WAF)
• CISCO WIFI (WLC) & Cisco ISE
• Firewalls experience (Checkpoint, CISCO ASA & Firepower)
• Self-motivated and keen to expand knowledge & experience of the latest technologies in their field Knowledge:
• CCNP level knowledge backed by extensive experience designing and delivering enterprise scale CISCO network solutions.
• Familiar with the creation of technical design documents following best practices, standards & approval processes
• Knowledge of and familiarity with network management tools (Live Action, CISCO Prime, Solarwinds)
• Knowledge of change control processes, release procedures and tools. It is highly desirable to have skills in one or more of these areas:
• CISCO ACI
• CISCO Unified Comms & Enterprise voice solutions (UCCX / UCCE, Call Manager, Contact Centre)
• AWS networking (VPCs, Direct connect etc.)
• CISCO SD-Access / CISCO DNA centre
About The Company
Our people are our most valuable asset and we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best people who reflect our values. We recognise the importance of helping you to balance your working life with other priorities, so if you wish to consider this vacancy and your circumstances require different hours to those advertised, or if you are considering a job share arrangement, then let us look at the flexibility you require and see if we can accommodate your needs, whilst ensuring we continue to meet our members' needs.
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.