Senior Operations Manager - AML
- GBP52000 - GBP68000 per annum
- Coventry, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
We have the pleasure of working with a tier 1 investment bank that is at the top of its game, who is seeking a high calibre individual with scale leadership Operations and FinCrime experience who has the ability to work across a complex matrix organisation to join their Financial Crime Operations team as Senior Operations Manager - AML UK based in Coventry.
We have the pleasure of working with a tier 1 investment bank that is at the top of its game, who is seeking a high calibre individual with scale leadership Operations and Compliance experience who has the ability to work across a complex matrix organisation to join their Financial Crime Operations team as Senior Operations Manager - AML UK based in Coventry.
Overall Purpose of Role
The role holder will be responsible for leading the AML Transaction Monitoring department and own all activities within the operation. The role holder will be accountable for the cost, SLA delivery and control performance in full compliance with legal, regulatory and internal policies and standards.
The role holder will be responsible for a department of 70 FTE, providing a shared service across the group, managing operational performance and interacting with stakeholders at D level and above across BUK and BI - Business Unit Accountable Execs, 2LOD, Legal and Technology.
* The role holder will provide clear direction through the setting of clear objectives, key deliverables and KPI's
* The role holder will oversee business performance across Control, SLA and Cost and develop KPI reporting to enable this presenting to operations and 2LOD stakeholders regularly.
* The role holder will be accountable for budget oversight of the department covering over 70 FTEs, controlling discretionary spend
* The role holder will have oversight of all Internal audits, risk event reporting, CIA and associated actions,
* The role holder will be responsible for leading the colleague approach of the department - recruitment, training, personal development, engagement of staff
* The role holder will be responsible for the performance management approach of the department
* The role holder will agree challenging performance and development objectives for the team providing regular feedback, coaching and training to ensure their maximum potential is achieved.
* The role holder will be expected to improve business processes for both colleagues and internal/external customers using lean tools and techniques.
* The role holder will be responsible for delivering transformational change through key change initiatives including Technology re-platforming
* The role holder will be responsible for working with the 2LOD to transition in new work activity through the Financial Crime Target Operating model plans
* The role holder will understand and role model behaviours and create an environment that supports these.
Stakeholder Management & Leadership
* The role holder will be responsible for over 70 FTE located in the Coventry office.
* The role holder will identify, select, recruit, develop and retain a high performing team, ensuring all colleagues and teams deliver to their potential. The role holder will identify and plan succession roles for own role and direct reports with supporting development plans for succession roles.
* The role holder will provide site- wide leadership to improve colleague engagement across teams.
* The role holder will be accountable for presenting Business performance regularly for their area and will frequently deputise for the Director of AML and Court Orders in key forums with senior stakeholders
* The role holder will build, develop and manage key relationships with all Business Units that the Shared Service provides services to
* The role holder will build strong relationships with Internal Audit (3LOD), Financial Crime and other key stakeholders in 2LOD.
Risk & Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards
* The role holder will have the ability to translate 'big picture' concept to robust delivery, and take people on the journey.
* The role holder will have excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
* The role holder will have ability to challenge and influence business heads and other senior stakeholders on strategic issues
* The role holder will have a proven track record of delivery in fast paced, high expectation culture collaborative approach, and ability to work across a complex matrix organisation.
* The role holder will have a demonstrable track record of successful delivery of a change projects.
* The role holder will have scale leadership experience within Operations
* The role holder will have Lean and Operational excellence skills and experience of deploying these to improve the customer and colleague experience. In addition, they will be a passionate advocate for Lean activity and very hands on in the approach to improve operational capability in this area
* The role holder will be able to quickly establish deep knowledge and experience of Financial Crime related issues.