fantastic opportunity for an experienced Data Engineer to join an exciting, high profile team delivering real business value and creating innovative solutions for our many customers.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
🚀 Deliver world data products that change how 22 million people access DWP services🚀
Can you deliver high value insights which will support DWP's once-in-a-generation digital transformation?
Do you have experience of Agile? Can you turn user stories and business requirements into technical data solutions?
Do you want to learn while you earn, working on new qualifications and learning from expert colleagues as you grow your careers?
If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, high profile team delivering real business value and creating innovative solutions for our many customers.
🎇Why join us? 🎇
- The scale of what we do is incredible. We have 1bn lines of code in over 12,000 code repos. We run around 294 days' worth of automated testing every day.
- Our APIs receive 173 million requests, and we spin up 280,000 AWS servers every month.
- Over 22 million people - 1/3 of the UK's adult population - access our services daily. Over 100,000 colleagues and agents use the kit, tools, and systems we roll out. We're one of the biggest payers in Europe with over £195bn payments made annually.
Our offer includes a hybrid of home/hub-based working. You'll be at home about 60% of the time.
Our pension offer is great too - with over 27% pension contributions - so you can look after your own future while creating solutions that empower others to do the same.
You'll join us in one of our digital hubs located in Blackpool or Manchester, with generous pay of up to £55,666
🔎 What you'll need to be successful 🔎
- Experience of developing data pipelines on public cloud platforms (Azure/AWS/GCP).
- Knowledge and experience of using BI/MI/Visualisation Tools, for example: Power BI/Qlik.
- You understand data modelling and database design concepts.
- You will be skilled at engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders and colleagues to foster collaboration, innovation to drive tangible business value.
- A working knowledge and experience of SQL scripting
💜 Some of the benefits our team love 💜
- You'll also get a generous annual leave package starting at 26 days, rising to 31
- flexible working options to enable you to achieve the work life balance that right for you including part-time, flexi time and job sharing
- Civil service pension with an average employer contribution of over 27%
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.