DWP. Digital with Purpose. Diversity & Inclusion Manager (Digital Capability Manager) Up to £40,666 plus 27% pension, flexible working and lots more
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP are looking for someone with a passion for and experience in Diversity and Inclusion to join our Digital Capability team. We're supporting DWP's Digital teams on a once-in-a-generation transformation of products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies - and putting the user at the centre of everything we do - we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
The Capability team make sure DWP inspires, attracts, retains and develops brilliant people from all backgrounds, for all our roles.
You'll keep D&I at the top of the agenda. Together we'll create a diverse, inclusive, engaging and healthy environment across the whole of DWP Digital, where high performing teams can flourish and everyone feels able to achieve their best.
Duties. Work. Projects.
This is an important role for us. We want you to use your experience expertise in similar jobs, to understand DWP Digital's diversity profile and needs, and to inform how we design and deliver exciting, impactful, inclusive and innovative D&I initiatives.
You'll be a great communicator and love working with a range of people. You do what it takes to research, collaborate and influence so that we build workforce reflective of our communities and create and environment where those colleagues feel supported, valued and included.
- Lead the implementation of our Digital Diversity and Inclusion strategy. You'll ensure we are doing the right things across all stages of our talent lifecycle - attract, recruit, develop and retain - and provide expert guidance to our Talent and Recruitment teams
- Create and deliver initiatives and activity that lead to positive tangible changes in the workforce and culture of DWP Digital, using insights from a range of sources and the latest thinking and best practices.
- Understand and determine the diversity data required for DWP Digital and work with colleagues to ensure we have the information we need. You'll produce regular reports and recommendations to senior colleagues, based on the insights, to shape activity, and iterate our D&I strategy
- You'll make sure everyone who needs to understands our different D&I plans and initiatives. You'll provide clarity on roles and responsibilities, join us up, and make sure we learn lessons.
- You'll work with our Digital Engagement (communications) teams on a D&I communications plan. We want everyone to play their part in creating a great, diverse and inclusive place to work, so you'll promote plans and initiatives and help us gain traction across our teams.
Diversity & Inclusion. Working together. Project management:
What skills knowledge and experience do you need?
- You have set and managed successful diversity and inclusion activities in a large and/or complex organisation.
- You're a great communicator, with the ability to interpret and clearly present complex and detailed content, translating into compelling stories to persuade, motivate and engage others.
- You're brilliant team worker with experience of forging positive relationships by working across boundaries with a diverse range of colleagues.
- You can appropriately and effectively manage sensitive topics and issues.
- You have good project management skills, using appropriate methods and tools to effectively plan and track activities and ensuring project controls, costs and governance are maintained.
- You're a leader. You inspire, support and engage other to achieve positive outcomes and/or deliver to exceptional standards.
- You have experience of working within a Digital or Technology environment (desirable)
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in a brilliant DWP digital hub in your choice of Manchester or Blackpool
We also have all the tech and tools we need to work flexibly. Lots of us are working from home at the moment due to Covid-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary from £35,310 - £40,666, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
Our broad benefits package is built around your work-life balance and includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I can be me in DWP'
- Work in an organisation nominated for 2020's 'Best Place to Work in Digital'
- We also won the 2020 Women in Tech award for best Public Sector Employer
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application on Civil Service Jobs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.