Pay up to £40,666. 27% pension contributions, 60% home working, flexible hours, and work life balance. We're looking for a skilled Internal Communications professional to join our brilliant, award-winning Digital Engagement team
Pay up to £40,666. Learning, development and career progression as part of a communications community.
Plus 27% employer pension contributions, hybrid working with 60% home working, flexible hours, and great work life balance.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We're looking for a skilled Internal Communications professional to join our brilliant, award-winning Digital Engagement team (we won LinkedIn's best Talent Brand 2021 most recently)
We're the communications specialists responsible for telling the story of DWP's huge digital transformation, a once-in-a-generation revolution of government products and services.
Embedded within one of our Digital Group directorates you'll provide communications and engagement leadership for a variety of campaigns and audiences.
You'll focus on internal comms across a range of channels, and products, including DWP's intranet. We work at the heart of DWP Digital, explaining what we do - and why - to more than 5,000 colleagues.
Your work here will be crucial to building colleague engagement, supporting organisational change, and developing the brand, profile and reputation which helps us recruit, engage and retain high calibre digital technologists.
Duties. Work. Projects
- Develop and deliver internal engagement strategies for your Digital Group area, keeping colleagues informed, engaged and connected, and using two-way channels to enable a strong colleague voice.
- Provide trusted communications and engagement advice and support to your Digital Director and senior leadership team, using evidence and expertise to ensure quality, consistency and alignment to wider Digital Group engagement strategies.
- Develop a deep understanding of your function's remit, priorities and achievements within the Digital Group/DWP context, using this knowledge to influence our broader internal and external engagement strategies in collaboration with wider Digital Engagement colleagues.
- Work collaboratively with other Digital Engagement colleagues to co-create high quality content to communicate important activities from your function through core engagement products - whether for recruitment marketing campaigns, internal events or weekly ministerial briefings.
- Play an active role within the Digital Engagement community, role-modelling collaborative working, participating in community activities and offering ideas to help us grow in capability and effectiveness.
The skills you'll need to show us
- Proven experience in strategic internal engagement and events, ideally with an effective working knowledge of wider communications disciplines (e.g. digital, marketing, media relations)
- Understanding of how to use insight and evaluation skills to inform and measure communications activity.
- Excellent content (especially copywriting) skills, with proven ability to translate complex or technical themes into engaging, accessible, audience-centric content.
- Strong planning, horizon-scanning and prioritisation skills.
- The professional credibility, confidence and interpersonal skills required to advise, support and collaborate with colleagues to director level.
- The ability to see the bigger picture and understand how your work and that of your team fit into the wider organisational context.
- Excellent collaboration skills, with the ability to plan and deliver across networks and virtual teams.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in your choice of our hubs in Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle.
We are a hybrid working organisation, so you can expect to be in the office around 40% of the time with 60% home working.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £40,666, a brilliant civil service pension worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.