DWP. Digital with Purpose. We are looking for a talented Lead Infrastructure Engineer, working on some of the most exciting projects in the UK Up to £76,952 plus amazing pension and work life balance.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We help people into work, and make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
We are looking for a Lead Infrastructure Engineer to work with us on innovative network security infrastructure design and development, helping to keep DWP services secure.
You'll join our community of tech experts in DWP Digital. We're driving a once-in-a-generation transformation of government services, using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies to create innovative, scalable and user-centric digital solutions.
The DWP products and services we maintain and modernise will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives. The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our scale and purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
As a Lead Infrastructure Engineer you'll be leading, coordinating and supporting internal and supplier teams working on network security infrastructure design and development that ensures that DWP services and data remains secure for its millions of users.
You will also be collaborating with other teams as part of the full SDLC, sharing best practices and influencing the adoption of new technology, as well as having the opportunity to expand your skills and experience through our learning and development programmes.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Leads teams and departments in the design, implementation, administration and support of Network security infrastructure solutions and services.
- Anticipates security problems and knows how to prevent them. Able to articulate the problem and build problem-solving capabilities in others.
- Has lateral thinking capability to dissect a problem to its component parts to identify and diagnose root causes of security related incidents.
- Anticipates and exploits opportunities through the recognition of new digital and security technologies to enhance capability in alignment with business goals and security standards.
- Inspires and motivates teams to be fully engaged in their work and dedicated to their role. Stand by, promote or defend own and team's actions and decisions where needed.
- Deliver a high quality, efficient and cost effective service by considering a broad range of methods for delivery. Creating regular opportunities for colleagues, stakeholders, delivery partners and customers to help improve the quality of service and mitigate against security threats as part of the core delivery of service.
The following experience is desirable:
- Significant experience in scheduling and performing technical, configuration and deployment activities to implement tools to deliver network security projects to successful outcomes.
- Significant experience in driving delivery in accordance with agreed plans, contracts and timescales.
- Significant experience of implementing network security products and countermeasure techniques, including Next Gen firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), encryption, and authentication techniques.
- The ability to effectively communicate at different levels, across support and engineering, business users, architects and 3rd party suppliers.
- Thorough understanding of security standards and principles from NCSC.
- An awareness of the NIST Cybersecurity framework.
- Technical authoring of security standards, Knowledge Articles and operational working practices.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle, whichever is most convenient for you.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £76,952 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture