We are currently working with a well renowned private bank in Manchester that is looking to hire an Underwriter in to their Bridging Finance team. This team is focusing on providing residential and commercial bridging finance along with short-term development finance for clients across the UK. This role will involve evaluating loan applications and making risk-based decisions to support or decline proposals for finance and is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing lender.
- Manage a pipeline of loan applications within a dynamic environment, dealing with high volumes and prioritising workflow accordingly.
- Underwrite loan applications against the Company's lending criteria and credit-related policies.
- Be able to articulate rationale for lending decisions to various levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be alert to the risks attributed to a loan application ensuring that the proposal is both suitable and fit for purpose.
- Take responsibility for resolving all relevant underwriting queries, recommending appropriate mitigation of risks where necessary.
- Ensure that Heads of Terms are adhered to as closely as possible throughout the processing of a loan application, recommending alternatives where necessary as a deal progresses.
- Ensure communication with both internal departments and external stakeholders is clear and concise.
- Specialist short-term real estate finance, bridging and property development/refurbishment experience gained in an underwriting role with a principal lender.
- Ability to adopt a pragmatic approach to underwriting property related loans.
- Responsible lending and knowledge of the regulatory framework applicable to the role.