API Service Manager
Join us as an API Service Manager
What you'll do
- Build your career in a highly strategic role and help us shape the future of our business and the technical platforms on which it depends
- We'll look to you to play a key role in managing and driving more complex or critical production management for the domain or product to ensure availability for business use
- You'll be responsible for the team's activities to make sure that platform integrity is maintained in line with the platform and technical roadmap releases
As API Service Manager, you'll be empowering and leading a team to make sure levels of service and quality of deliverable meet the needs of the business. Managing and driving complex or critical production management for our APIs, you'll ensure their availability for business use, delivering a robust application management and application support service.
In addition, you'll be collaborating with and influencing colleagues and stakeholders across the bank and third party suppliers on the applications under management, ensuring the timely delivery of solutions which support the business and are in line with the overall policies.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Managing in-bound work requests and ensuring both efficient and effective prioritisation and scheduling of work against agreed business schedules
- Building a satisfied customer base by managing relationships with all business and technology stakeholders through prompt and effective communication and reporting
- Making sure applications and infrastructure are fully compliant to mandated standards by adhering to processes and security compliance
- Making sure resilient and robust applications and infrastructure recovery plans meet the business recovery
- Making sure controls are applied and constantly reviewed, primarily against SOX controls to ensure full compliance to all policies and regulatory obligations
We're looking for an expert communicator with a technical understanding, including platform, technology, products and domains. You'll additionally need knowledge and experience of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment.
You'll also demonstrate:
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues
- Good collaboration skills
- Experienced in managing stakeholders effectively, building trust and rapport
- Knowledge and experience of operational principles