- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Contract, Full time
- 15 Jul 18 2018-07-15
My client, a leading retail bank is currently looking to employ an accountant to sit within the banks insurance and wealth division. The candidate will be looking after Budgeting, Cost and looking at Month End Activity. The candidate will be employed on a contract basis in Edinburgh.
Key deliverables include:
- Support production, agreement and financial management of a three year cost plan and annual budgets.
- Support delivery of business critical performance information through appropriate and effective MI such as the monthly management accounts including KPI and cost driver reporting/ forecasting, benefits tracking and balance sheet.
- Support monthly flash reporting and rolling twelve month forecast.
- Financial governance & review of relevant Value Stream / Business Unit spend (BAU & Investment).
Key Skills Needed:
- A motivated, aspiring accountant who is able to effectively engage with business stakeholders in the delivery of challenging operational and cost targets.
- May be qualified and /or studying for a professional finance qualification, or have equivalent relevant experience
- Practical understanding of relevant financial systems and processes
- Awareness of market and industry environment (commercial awareness)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in month end activity
- Prior ledger experience (or working knowledge of financial ledgers)
- Ability to implement change
- Planning & organisation
- Delivering consistently reliable outputs through attention to detail & quality assurance