Accounts Payable Vice President
Description About this role BlackRock Overview:
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions; from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Position Description:
BlackRock EMEA Finance consists of Finance professionals in disciplines such as Business Finance, Treasury, Tax, Regulatory Reporting, Accounting Operations and Corporate Accounting. This role sits within the Accounts Payable team, as part of a global team based in Gurgaon, Singapore, Atlanta, Belgrade, Edinburgh and Budapest.
Reporting to Global Head of Accounts Payable, this role will manage the Accounts Payable process, controls, reporting and projects, overseeing internal and external audits and providing support to the global AP team. The applicant will have significant interface with cross-regional support functions. This position is a key member of the Finance Operations management team, which determines Accounts Payable strategy. Planning and assignment of work, streamlining and improvement of processes, client surveys to ensure customer satisfaction are key objectives of the role. Additionally, implementation and maintenance of high standards of internal controls and SOX compliance is a must. Responsibilities:
The BlackRock Finance Department is searching for a Vice President who will be playing a major role for managing and strengthening the Accounts Payable team. Core Responsibilities will include:
- Improving, developing and implementing process improvement and internal controls
- Lead and motivate team members
- Provide subject matter expert view in the P2P/Accounts Payable area
- Building and keeping active contact with senior level stakeholders
- Partner with the other Finance Operations management members to develop better, cost efficient mechanisms to deliver excellence in services
- Leading and managing various AP projects
- Oversee the leads of the various Accounts Payable functions; coordinate and manage activities and ensure globally consistent process flows
- Work cross-functionally within and outside of Finance to ensure satisfaction with services which would include process enhancement, reporting, change management and additional automation
- 7+ years of Accounts Payable/P2P experience with 5+ years of people manager experience in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Strong managerial skills, with a hands-on approach particularly in Accounts Payable space
- Compliance orientated
- Good general MS Office skills - PowerPoint, Word and other MS Office products
- Ability to develop, train and mentor staff
- Strong analytic, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Banking & Financial services industry experience is preferred
- Experience in ERP system implementation and project management is preferred
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.