- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Actuarial Client Support
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomThis is an exciting opportunity to join a newly formed team within the Enterprise Risk Solutions Insurance business, providing expert actuarial modelling solutions and support to Moody's clients, predominiently in the European insurance market.
Working within the EMEA Actuarial modelling team, you will:
- Provide expert actuarial knowledge (e.g. products, practices and regulatory requirements) to support existing and new clients.
- Investigate and resolve client enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Work with Actuarial Modelling Manager to identify how existing Moody's applications (in particular the AXIS actuarial modelling system) can be used to meet customer requirements in the European Insurance market.
- Support Moody's sales teams in advancing clients/prospects through the sales cycle by presenting Moody's software products, benefits and value proposition to find solutions to our clients needs.
- Actively engage with clients to identify problems of interest to the insurance sector and work with product management and research teams to identify ways that Moody's solutions, in particular AXIS, can be enhanced and deployed to address them.
- Work with software developers and product management, as well as clients if appropriate, to develop business requirements for new required product features in AXIS and other relevant Moody's products.
- Work with colleagues in product management to prioritise and plan future product developments.
The Actuarial Modelling team works directly with our clients on a daily basis to provide actuarial support, training and advice on modelling best practices for the Insurance industry.
- A good first degree in a numerical discipline, for example: mathematics, physics, engineering, actuarial science or finance.
- In addition, the candidate should have either:
- Progress towards a relevant professional qualification such as Actuarial, CFA or similar
- A post-graduate (MSc or PhD) qualification in a numerical discipline
- Significant experience in the life insurance industry, gained in an insurance company, actuarial consultancy, investment bank or asset manager.
- Strong knowledge of European life insurance products, regulation and modelling methodologies.
- Ability to present complex technical solutions in simple terms
- Broad understanding of modern financial mathematics (e.g. option pricing, hedging, stochastic processes, Monte Carlo simulation, interest-rate modelling)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders from different backgrounds and at all levels.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Ability to work to demanding timescales while maintaining high standards
- Willingness to innovate and challenge ideas
- Strong customer focus
- Willing to travel to client sites as required
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.