- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Advisory Services Associate
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomThis is an exciting opportunity to join the Enterprise Risk Solutions Advisory Services Team. As a member of the team you will be at the forefront of industry developments and will be exposed to cutting edge stochastic modelling and their use in a variety of insurance, wealth management and asset management areas.
The candidate will work on implementation and advisory projects related to a suite of stochastic models covering a range of financial and economic variables/risk factors. In addition the candidate will work with our clients directly to provide training and support for these quantitative models and their calibration. This includes producing bespoke calibrations and scenario sets, software configurations, client on-boarding, producing documentation and general quantitative support across clients in the Life Insurance, General Insurance, Wealth Management and Asset management sectors.
The Role / Responsibilities:
- The candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the delivery of consulting, implementation, model calibrations and client facing projects within the Advisory Services team. This is through a combination of direct client work and working with more senior team member in projects to implement software and content solutions for actuarial pricing, capital and risk management applications.
- Work with our Model and Calibration team to produce standard and client specific calibrations of stochastic models covering a wide range of financial risk management applications (pricing/capital projection/strategic asset allocation etc...)
- Provide input and directly engage with clients on the training/support in relation to insurance focused stochastic modelling products, models and calibrations. This includes participating in onsite training sessions and the delivery of training on stochastic modelling products and their underlying quantitative modelling techniques.
- Work directly with clients to support the implementation, training, documentation and validation of our insurance focused stochastic modelling products and services. Projects are varied and can involve a combination of activities run from our Moody's Analytics offices and also onsite with clients.
- Produce analytical work for clients (Life/General Insurance, Wealth Management and Asset Management) based on the application of financial modelling to pricing and risk management problems. This will include use of the Moody's Analytics (B&H) ESG and wide stochastic modelling tool kit in the following areas:
- Configuring solutions for clients and working with them to implement our solutions.
- Working with our modelling operations team to configure bespoke content services
- Development and advisory projects with regard to bespoke modelling and calibration services
- Collaborating with our Modelling and Calibration Services, Research, Product Management and Operations teams on internal projects related to our ESG-related services.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the development and delivery of content services which enable our market leading Economic Scenario Generator (ESG) software solutions. Our ESG is used by over 140 financial institutions around the world with dominant market share in the UK and Europe and a growing presence in Asia and North America.
- Undergraduate degree in highly quantitative subject (financial mathematics, mathematics, physics, etc.).
- Understanding of financial mathematics e.g. derivative pricing, interest-rate modelling, econometrics, stochastic processes, Monte-Carlo simulation etc.
- Working toward the actuarial/CFA/FRM or related qualification advantageous.
- Experience in a financial institution (e.g. within an insurance company) is advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with teams from different backgrounds and at all levels.
- Experience of Excel/VBA or other mathematical programming language/applications is advantageous.
- Efficient approach to problem solving.
- Can be relied upon to hit deadlines while maintaining high standards.
- Willingness to innovate and discuss ideas.
- Open to using new methodologies.
- Dedicated to customer focus.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.