Alternatives Client Services Analyst - EDI
Description About this role Team Overview
The Alternatives Client Services team support all of BlackRock's privately placed alternatives products, including hedge funds, fund of hedge funds, private credit, private equity, special opportunity and real asset funds. Responsibilities for this position will involve a heavy concentration in day-to-day communications, reporting and data entry focusing on BlackRock's alternative product platform. This position involves interaction with departments and business lines across the firm and offers an opportunity to join a fast paced and growing business within BlackRock. The successful candidate will be pro-active and flexible, will demonstrate initiative with a drive to succeed both as an individual and as a team. Daily tasks may include:
- Liaise with clients from a shareholder servicing perspective, field client inquiries, research requests, and coordinate appropriate responses.
- Assist in fulfilling requests for offering documents as needed. Liaise with Institutional and Retail Sales and Product Specialists to customize client offering packages based on investor attributes, regulatory and business requirements.
- Coordinate and track document updates with BlackRock Legal and outside counsel. Ensure team is working with approved materials and that distribution process is functioning properly.
- Manage and maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems of legal/contract documents
- Coordinate account level reporting and distributions to clients (i.e. monthly, quarterly, and annually).
- Coordinate cash flow management with clients and portfolio managers (e.g. contributions, redemptions, capital calls/distributions and product updates with clients). Track and manage client cash flow activity within proprietary trading system.
- Client on-boarding, account set up, and data management. Assist with building client accounts within client tracking and share registry system. Create client profiles and investor attribute universe.
- Ensure integrity of communications tools through data entry and maintenance. Deploy exception reporting within client data universe and perform regular analysis to ensure integrity/preservation.
- Transfer Agent/Administrator oversight and quality control. Work with our 3rd parties to create transparency between BlackRock and vendors and ensure a positive client experience.
- 0-5 years' experience in a dynamic, goal oriented, operational/ client service role
- High attention to detail, ability to focus and take ownership of tasks until completion
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to change directions quickly
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, at all levels
- Ability to manage his/ her own workload, multi-task, balance multiple and conflicting priorities and meet targets in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Able to grasp complex concepts and details quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to identify problems and issues, work actively with others to resolve them and raise issues appropriately
- Prepared to take initiative, work flexibly to help the team achieve its goals, and respond positively to change.
- Takes ownership for the completion of work in accordance with agreed processes and to the highest standards of quality and timeliness
- Demonstrates team spirit, is prepared to assist colleagues and perform tasks that do not usually fall within his/her responsibilities.
- Ensures accurate record keeping of work and shows excellent organizational skills
- Has a reasonable understanding of the Finance industry and with a willingness to learn.
- Software skills must include a strong background in Word and Excel and an aptitude for working within proprietary databases.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.