Analyst, Credit Operations Transformation, Edinburgh
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits. Operations Overview
Operations are uniquely positioned at the heart of all that we do. We impact the business we undertake from end to end. Our department supports all key business and platform initiatives. We oversee the processes that make our business work. Our role is all about understanding the impact of change on our processes, and institutionalizing a change mind-set that drives improvements in all areas. It's also about maintaining the efficient processes our people rely on every day to do first-class business, whilst constantly striving to achieve the improvement that makes the firm one of the most respected financial institutions in the world.
Our team executes various Programs that design operating models, provide solutions to optimize business flows, bring efficiencies and keep our platform compliant with regulations applicable to our legal entities and branches. Our success depends on a close collaboration with counterparts from all areas including the Business, Technology, Legal and Corporate Functions and other Lines of Business. That mind-set and collaboration is an integral part of what makes the firm one of the most respected financial institutions in the world.
Edinburgh is our strategic operating centre to help support our global business. There is a close partnership with employees based in other locations such as London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Geneva and New York to name a few. We are offering you an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team in a fast paced and challenging area. Our Team
The Credit Operations Transformation is part of Wealth Management Operations which supports the International Lending Solutions team, Credit Executives and works closely with many partners to ensure project delivery across a number of macro and micro level projects. The team is mainly focused on working with Credit Operations, Technology and other relevant stakeholders to drive forward value enhancing initiatives. The Role
Due to growth in our Edinburgh operation, JP Morgan Chase & Co have an opportunity for an analyst to support projects and technological solutions in Credit operations. The role will require considerable liaison with managers and teams across the whole Credit business on project development as well as the ability to create solutions using various different software packages.
The candidate will perform, among others, the following tasks:
- Support, develop and run with Credit projects across the whole business from front office to regulatory requirements
- Help manage and prioritize project initiatives that are requested by stakeholders on project requirements
- Work with project stakeholders across functional groups (e.g. Legal, Technology, Credit Platform Services, Business Management) to define and document project requirements
- Support existing and develop new Excel / Alteryx / Xceptor developments to support various teams
- Act as central point of contact for internal development queries and issues
- Assist the Credit Operations Transformation team and Manager to analyse existing or new process flows for improvement or automation
Applicants should have relevant experience in the industry and fulfil the following requirements:
- Financial Services or Banking/Credit experience is preferred
- Ability to implement and manage day-to-day tasks including managing project deliverables
- Good organizational, prioritization skills combined with flexibility and adaptability
- High attention to detail and solid analytical skills
- Self-motivated with the drive to take initiative and work without constant supervision
- Ability to communicate and present effectively
- Team player who is easy to work with, shows commitment and dedication, and can maintain both a positive attitude and high level of performance on time-sensitive initiatives
- Some SQL, MS Access, MS Excel & VBA knowledge (preferred but not essential)
We would welcome Returners to Work (i.e. following a career break) as applicants for this role.
IPB2021 About Us
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients' needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.