Anti Bribery & Corruption Risk Manager
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 18 2018-09-25
See job description for details
Join us as an Anti Bribery and Corruption Risk Manager in London or Edinburgh
- This role will give you an important part in driving accurate anti bribery and corruption reporting, and managing ABC effectively across the bank
- You'll have the opportunity to be involved in a bank-wide change programme, provide expert input to help design and develop a consistent set of systems and controls to manage the bank's bribery and corruption risk
- We believe that flexible working can make a real difference to your wellbeing and professional development, so you'll have access to a range of flexible working arrangements
What you'll do
The Anti Bribery and Corruption team in our Financial Crime function are subject matter experts on ABC regulation, process and policy. We're there to protect the bank while supporting our customers in their lawful activities, making sure we give positive outcomes. The wider Financial Crime function and Anti Bribery and Corruption in particular are seeing key investment as a result of their increasing importance and exposure in the industry, making this an ideal time to join and contribute to key strategic decisions.
As Anti Bribery and Corruption Risk Manager you'll make a key contribution to designing and building out the ABC framework, and overseeing its implementation across the bank. Other key aspects of your role will include:
- Supporting the development of tool and systems to assess the bribery risk of associated parties, third party payment monitoring solutions, and business activities with an elevated ABC risk
- Helping to define bank wide reporting requirements, providing input on ABC related matters to the money laundering reporting officer's report, and monitoring key indictors of emerging ABC issues
- Producing monthly MI reports, including providing analysis for the ABC Framework Manager's oversight
- Acting as the business's first point of contact for advice and queries on the ABC systems we use
- Scanning the horizon for developments in the external environment relating to bribery and corruption, and determining the right actions to be taken in the framework
- Taking secretariat responsibilities for the ABC Committee
- Building effective and sustained working relationships with key stakeholders
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with previous experience in a financial crime role and an understanding of relevant legislation, including the UK Bribery Act and US FCPA.
We'll also expect:
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence and manage stakeholders at all levels
- Adaptability, and the ability to work in a changing environment
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.