- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
See job description for details
We're looking for an Application Architect to join us in Edinburgh
- We're looking for an Application Architect who has significant expertise and experience building high level design solutions to join our growing Design team within Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) Services
- With a creative approach, you'll deliver innovative solutions, as well as scoping and designing major change projects
- In this newly created role, you'll have the ability to make a real impact through influencing and delivering transformational change
What you'll do
Core to the Design team, you'll be responsible for high level solution architecture and managing complex technical programmes. By collaborating with the Solutions Design community, you'll translate the business strategy into transition stages over multiple years to design end to end customer focussed solutions. You'll scope and design major change projects, review ongoing designs during the programme lifecycle and resolve issues that arise.
In this role you will:
- Define and deliver complex business and technical architecture and designs to improve processes, while influencing senior stakeholders and sponsors to realise business and architectural outcomes
- Work on a variety of projects from focussed programme initiations to broader designs for businesses, products or customers, to provide high level application of data architectures
- Collaborate with other design leads to ensure projects are delivered within strict timeframes
- Deliver Business and Technology strategies, targets and roadmaps to meet programme business outcomes
- Be establishing good connections with design stakeholders across the bank, making sure solution designs and roadmaps are aligned with bank-wide business, technical and data design plans
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you'll have a strong knowledge of application architecture and associated integration patterns into the wider enterprise.
You'll also need:
- A strong end-to-end design background
- Experience of building new solutions and patterns
- The ability to develop technical architectures and designs
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- The ability to translate technical information of underlying systems for your audience
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.