- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Oct 18
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as an Architect
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in having access to a diverse portfolio of applications, including data warehousing, analytics, underwriting, reporting and decisioning
- You'll be joining our department as it's transforming its architecture, pushing forward with innovative solutions in the Public and Private Cloud, Big Data and Machine Learning
- Put your existing technology skills to good use, in an environment that's embracing agile transformation
What you'll do
You'll be working closely with the Sub-Platform Teams across Credit Risk Solutions providing architectural expertise for new and ongoing projects, while ensuring compliance with bank wide, Domain and Platform Architectural Principles. You'll be participating in determining and communicating the Target Architecture and the roadmap to reach it.
You'll also be:
- Working with large external programmes to assess the architectural impact on Credit Risk Solutions Systems
- Assisting programme managers in preparing programme blueprints
- Performing architectural Governance duties
- A member of Credit Risk Solutions Architecture Design Authority, reviewing and providing signoff for Architecture and Design artefacts
The skills you'll need
You'll need to have knowledge of Systems and Business Architecture, knowledge of TOGAF and Archimate, and excellent analysis skills.
You'll also need:
- To be a self starter, able to manage own workload
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- To be up to date with current technology themes - Cloud, Big Data, MicroServices
- Strong planning and organisational skills
It would be desirable, but not essential for you to have:
- Data Architecture Experience
- Experience of the Credit Risk Business (Commercial or Retail)
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.