- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Director – Senior Actuarial Programmer
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
The Associate Director - Sr Actuarial Programmer will work closely with other actuaries and actuarial programmers and will collaborate with our client support, system design and marketing professionals. They will design and implement new features for AXIS and solve actuarial issues posed by our clients. At this level, the individual is seen as an expert in their field, working on complex code and designing features that have a broad scope and implication.
- Interpret business requirements and take ownership of code across multiple modules .
- Provide feedback on client requirements from a technical perspective and provide time estimates for input into client quotes.
- Analyze and implement solutions and program complex new features in AXIS. Participate in meetings with clients to discuss specifications
- Design and implement various features that have wide implication and scope
- Investigate and find the root cause for bugs reported by clients
- Provide client support as needed.
- Ensure compliance with coding standards.
- Review code of less senior team members, provide guidance from technical perspective.
- Research and review new technologies.
- Specialize, develop expertise and provide leadership in various areas of actuarial practice.
- Participate and lead Interest Groups and Working Groups.
- Train actuarial programmers
- Other duties as assigned
The Insurance Modeling & Analytics group helps insurers, asset managers, and pension funds to better understand and manage their actuarial, financial, and risk-management activities. Our modelling, software, and consultancy solutions are always evolving, as we respond to shifting market needs and customer feedback. That is why all of our team members - from actuaries to software engineers to product managers - are committed to maintaining high quality customer engagement.
- A good first degree in a numerical discipline, for example: math's, physics, actuarial science or finance.
- Proven experience of actuarial programming experience
- Qualified or nearly-qualified Actuary
- Significant experience with object oriented design & development, C++ required.
- Expert in development tools such as Visual Studio.
- Strong analytical & technical skills - excellent research capabilities.
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to lead a stream, focusing on the function rather than line management
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and not technical audiences
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.