- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Director - Modelling and Calibration Services
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomThe Associate Director (Modelling and Calibration Services) will play a leading role in the management and delivery of services associated with the Moody's Analytics Economic Scenario Generator (ESG), a market-leading stochastic modelling solution widely used in the life/general insurance, asset management and wealth/pensions industries. The role involves taking on a diverse range of responsibilities and will require a good understanding of stochastic models, their calibration and their use in various risk management activities/applications. It involves leading a team responsible for the delivery of a number of high-profile ESG calibration services, a variety of client-facing activities and internal project work focusing on the development, delivery and research associated with our modelling solutions. In particular these responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the delivery of the quantitative content of various standard and customised ESG calibration services with a primary focus on real-world stochastic modelling solutions.
- Leading a team of analysts within the Modelling and Calibration Services team.
- Involvement in client-facing activities such as: the delivery of on-site standard and bespoke technical training courses; the support of clients and prospective clients during product/service trials; technical client support; working with our Sales team as a technical expert to support the sale of ESG-related products and services.
- Collaborating with our Advisory Services, Research, Product Management and Operations teams on internal projects associated with our ESG-related services such as the development of new model calibration methodologies, working on high-profile bespoke advisory projects and contributing to the design of the process/infrastructure used for the rapid and robust delivery of our calibration services.
The Modelling and Calibration Services team is part of the ERS Insurance function based in Edinburgh. The team has 10 full time employees with a broad range of academic and commercial experience.
The Insurance Modelling & Analytics group helps insurers, asset managers, and pension funds to better understand and manage their actuarial, financial, and risk-management activities. Our modelling, software, and consultancy solutions are always evolving, as we respond to shifting market needs and customer feedback. That is why all of our team members - from actuaries to software engineers to product managers - are committed to maintaining high quality customer engagement.
- Undergraduate degree in highly quantitative subject (e.g. mathematics, physics, actuarial science).
- Understanding of financial mathematics e.g. derivative pricing, interest-rate modelling, econometrics, stochastic processes, Monte-Carlo simulation etc.
- Working toward or completed actuarial/CFA/FRM or related qualifications advantageous.
- Experience in a financial institution (e.g. within an insurance company) is advantageous.
- Team/Project management experience advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with teams from different backgrounds and at all levels.
- Experience of Excel/VBA or other mathematical programming language/applications is advantageous.
- Efficient approach to problem solving.
- Can be relied upon to hit deadlines while maintaining high standards.
- Willingness to innovate and discuss ideas.
- Open to using new methodologies.
- Dedicated to our customers.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.