Associate Product Manager - Data & Analytics
Description About this role Team Overview
BlackRock's Data & AI team are responsible for the data ecosystem within BlackRock - building and maintaining a groundbreaking data platform that provides quality data to all users of the Aladdin platform including investors, operations staff, data scientists, and engineers. Our goal is to provide highly available data of the highest quality to our clients, while evolving our platform to deliver exponential scale to the firm and powering the future growth of Aladdin. We engineer high performance data pipelines, provide a fabric to discover and consume data, and continually evolve our data storage capabilities. We believe deeply in our Agile operating model, and know that a strong Product Manager is essential to our success. As a Product Manager within Data & AI, you will:
What you'll do:
- Help transform Aladdin's Data and Analytics ecosystem, and how tens of thousands of investors consume data every day
- Develop deep expertise of our end-to-end offering by serving as Product Manager on one or more Squads
- Innovate, conceptualize, design, and pilot new capabilities to simplify our clients' business problems
- Work closely with Systems Engineers, Front-End Developers, Data Scientists, Financial Modelers, Program Managers, Platform Operators, and Client Teams to define our product strategy and roadmap
- Learn new things and have fun as part of an awesome team
Who you are:
- Work within a multi-disciplinary squad to drive the firm's platform transformation strategy
- Drive the product in the right direction, from strategic vision to roadmaps to feature definition
- Drive alignment and transparency of that vision, engaging in two-way conversation with internal partners and end-users alike
- Partner with Program Managers and Engineering Leads to drive execution of that vision, sprint-by-sprint, across the product lifecycle
- Champion internal initiatives and drive new ways of working across the team
- You are an expert Product Manager who is excited by the idea of contributing to our vision
- You live and breathe Agile, and get joy out of breaking problems down into small, workable increments
- You have experience with data and/or analytic pipelines, in or out of FinTech
- You are a technologist at heart and curious by nature
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to deliver presentations and communicate up and down an organization
- You know how to influence decision-making - at all levels and across contexts - within an organization
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, and finding signal from noise
- You love data, and employ a data-first approach when solving problems
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty when necessary, and you persevere where others do not
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.