Audit Manager - Business and Technology Audit
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Aug 18 2018-08-15
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh in the role of Audit Manager, Business and Technology Audit
- This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced auditor to join our Internal Audit function within the Shared Services & Core Banking Technology team
- You'll be positioned in a highly visible part of the bank, giving you the opportunity to gain a great insight into how we work
- To join us in this role, you'll need a strong background in risk management and a meticulously investigative approach
What you'll do
In this key role, you'll be driving assurance for regular engagements and more complex ones. This will involve supporting assurance planning and ensuring coverage of all key risks comply with regulatory requirements for Internal Audit. You'll lead and undertake key aspects of the assurance fieldwork, and will be responsible for the work undertaken by your team, ensuring it's delivered on time, fit for purpose and provides reliable evidence to support issues and opinions.
You'll influence the business control environment by contributing to high quality and impactful written engagement reports produced by your team, and by providing the business leaders with advice on prudent risk management.
You'll also be:
- Providing quality, efficient and effective assurance and influencing business managers to improve controls
- Leading high profile strategic engagements which have the potential to add significant business value
- Ensuring engagements are appropriately scoped, and managing the prompt and effective response to ad hoc business requests
- Contributing to continuous monitoring in support of entity assurance planning and reporting, often taking responsibility for a particular area or risk element
- Leveraging Internal Audit's methodology and tools, identifying key risks and making sure the appropriate tools are used
- Leading your team and supporting them through coaching, to enable them to realise their potential on engagements
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with significant experience as an auditor, along with a professional audit qualification such as CA, ACCA, MIIA or CISA.
We'll also be looking for:
- In depth knowledge of auditing
- The ability to deliver projects on time and to budget
- The ability to actively identify and help develop talent
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- The ability to challenge and influence confidently and clearly
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.