Audit Manager, Counterparty Credit Risk
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
See job description for details
Join us in London or Edinburgh as an Audit Manager, Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR)
- We're looking for a dedicated and talented Audit Manager to join us in this highly collaborative role
- You'll be driving assurance for regular audit engagements, and contributing to frameworks that manage all aspects of CCR, including models and methodologies
- Joining our Internal Audit function, you'll play a key part in delivering the vital assurance, support, challenge and advice that keeps our customers and our business safe
What you'll do
This role will place you at the heart of the bank's third line of defence, providing independent, objective audit assurance, primarily for NatWest Markets, our legal entity engaged in trading activities. You'll work with senior audit managers and business stakeholders to scope audits, and formulate appropriate and robust testing plans, leading engagement and execution of audits.
You'll drive the delivery of both regular and complex engagements to provide independent assurance to the business, and you'll lead key aspects of the assurance fieldwork, taking responsibility for the work undertaken by the team.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Ensuring compliance with global methodology within engagements, and accurately keeping the audit management tool (TRAC) up to date
- Delivering often complex audits on time and to budget, and to an excellent standard
- Leading the engagement team, making best use of its capability
- Developing a deep understanding of the risks associated with the business area, and designing appropriate testing plans to assess the suitability of controls
- Supporting the development and implementation of our audit methodology and quality assurance strategy
- Leading the production of high quality written reports which detail any issues identified
The skills you'll need
You'll have some prior internal audit or project management experience with a strong background in risk management. You'll also have specialist knowledge of counterparty credit risk and related risk frameworks and controls.
Along with an understanding of traded products and the associated credit risks, you'll have an awareness of CCR exposure, potential future exposure, credit valuation adjustment, stress testing and back testing. You'll understand how risk weighted assets are derived for regulatory capital calculation purposes, and you'll have a solid grasp of the differing regulatory approaches for calculating exposure at default.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Knowledge of relevant areas of regulation, for example Basel 3, CRD IV, CRR, and EMIR
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Project and team management experience
- The ability to negotiate with, challenge and influence stakeholders at all levels, and to communicate complex concepts in a clear way
- A keen eye for detail and strong organisation skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.