Audit Manager, Market & Traded Credit Risk
Join us as an Audit Manager
What you'll do
- We'll look to you to provide independent engagement assurance by leading the engagement team specific to Prudential Risk
- You'll be supporting the engagement assurance planning, ensuring coverage of all key risks, complying with regulatory requirements for Internal Audit, and deploying resources to best use
- Using your expert knowledge of auditing, you'll be able to advance your career in this critical leadership role
As an Audit Manager, you'll be providing quality, efficient and effective assurance and influencing business managers to improve control. You'll be leading and coaching your team as they deliver audit engagements, making sure they're delivered to budget and on time while helping them to realise their potential.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Delivering audit engagements and driving assurance for regular and complex engagements
- Leveraging Internal Audit's industry leading audit methodology and tools
- Ensuring compliance with global methodology within engagements and accurately keeping the audit management tool up to date
- Managing key stakeholders throughout audit engagements, ensuring a good understanding of business risks and an open and effective discussion on key risks
- Building on an excellent Internal Audit position and influencing the evolution of our control framework
We're looking for an experienced internal auditor or someone with a strong background in risk management, along with knowledge and experience of prudential risk. You'll need to be able to demonstrate how you've successfully delivered projects - audit or otherwise - while keeping a firm hand on budget, time and quality.
You'll also demonstrate:
- A good understanding of market or traded credit risk in financial markets or investment banking products and relevant regulation such as CRD4, CRD5 and CRR II
- Specialist knowledge of market risk measures and methodologies including VaR, Expected Shortfall, RNIV, IRC, IDRC and Greeks
- Working knowledge of building or validating risk management or pricing models
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to effectively communicate with and influence senior stakeholders
- A proactive approach towards identifying and developing talent
Alternately, you'll have experience of auditing defined benefit obligations, providing assurance over key judgements and assumptions, such as discount rates, inflation rates and mortality rates.