Opening Date – 6 Jan 2020
Closing Date – 3 Feb 2020
Job Title – Automation Tester
Salary - Competitive
Work Location - Edinburgh
Experience - Relevant experience
Qualification – Graduate/Diploma degree
- Performs complex testing tasks to assure that developed products meet design specifications and are within total quality management limits and standards.
- Tests, debugs, documents, validates and installs basic hardware and software testing tasks in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards.
- Reviews/Generates complex test plans, test case data, procedures and testing scripts based upon functional specifications to meet business needs.
- Utilizes software testing tools and assists in developing test software for use in automated test activities.
- Develops project plans, maintains metrics and interfaces with various engineering, operations groups and vendors to achieve desired improvement goals.
- Documents and shares all test results; Responds to developers' questions about the results to communicate status and ensure understanding.
- Provides work training and mentoring to less experienced personnel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Relevant experience in testing or automated role
o Automating functional aspects of software
§ Web based on 2 browsers
§ Stand-alone Executable
o Automating regression test sets
o Experience with Behaviour driven test frameworks
o Scripting skills in at least one scripting language
o Programming skills are a plus
o Working with either:
§ Infrastructure deployment lifecycle
§ Software deployment lifecycle
o Using Issue-tracking tooling
o Has performed manual test execution
o Comfortable estimating effort for work
o Quick learner
o Can inform automation strategy at various test levels, (unit -UAT)
o Comfortable either leading, or working within a small team