- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for a Business Analyst to join our IMDS - Global Investment Management Services (GIMS) team in Edinburgh.
What is the IMDS - GIMS group responsible for?
This group support our investment management teams (mainly Traders, Portfolio Managers and Investment Compliance) throughout the globe ensuring our Charles River system runs smoothly. This means you'll work closely with the investment teams to answer any questions they might have on the system, investigating and resolving issues, and provide insight into how trades are behaving. On a day to day basis you'll work closely with the trading team based in Edinburgh, however due to the Global nature of our organisation you'll also work with counterparts in other offices to pass on or pick up issues throughout the day.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Business Analyst?
- Answer Charles River incoming inquiries from Portfolio Managers, Traders, Global Investment Advisers Compliance, and Franklin Templeton Technologies in a timely manner
- Monitor trade flow to and from Charles River and downstream systems.
- Partner with technical groups to monitor, troubleshoot and resolve trade errors from any system interfaces with the investment management system
- Monitor the loading of orders from Liberty to Charles River during order burst
- Liaise and work with the back-office teams on any data, order or trade issues
- Ensure that errors are properly communicated to the appropriate operational groups from the workflow monitor
- Provide content management in Charles River and Liberty from different Accounting Systems, OneTIS, FactSet, Bloomberg, MSCI and other data vendors as required
- Research, analyse and solve problems related to Charles River and Liberty data and any data services or system setup and assess the impact to business groups
- Track, identify trends, and engage the appropriate support and vendors to resolve issues
- Gather, document, analyse and review business/system requirements from investment management teams
- Review data analysis for system conversions
- Review and/or creates test plans and test scenarios
- Perform user acceptance testing for new systems and/or enhancements for existing systems
- Keep a current understanding of the appropriate group workflows (Investment Management, Trading, Operations, and Compliance) and ensure that changes are appropriately reflected in Charles River and Liberty
- Participate in any new fund launching or account onboarding
- Coordinate with FT ACM team in creation and deletion of user setup for Charles River and Liberty applications. Maintain access including setup of system privileges and views
- Provide new user training
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in an Investment Management environment, ideally with a strong knowledge of how the business operates
- Experience of working with databases and administration systems
- Ideally experience of working with Charles River
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic knowledge of different investment security types/strategies (equities, fixed income, derivatives, swaps, futures etc.)
- Experience with application and user testing process
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and stay on top of requests across time zones
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, " I AM Franklin Templeton ."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.