- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 08 Feb 18 2018-02-08
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for a Business Analyst to join our Global Web Digital Marketing team based in Edinburgh.
What is the Global Web Digital Marketing group responsible for?
Global Web Digital Marketing manages Franklin Templeton's web strategy and presence with a remit to develop and grow our digital presence globally - delivering engaging experiences focused on our client's needs and our business priorities. As a Business Analyst within this area you'll primarily focus on helping to deliver projects for the team globally, this could involve projects such as responsive website rollout, privacy updates or new product or country sites.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Business Analyst?
• Work to identify and clarify requirements using basic conceptual and logical process/data modelling tools and techniques; then develop requirements plans and schedules
• Analyse stakeholder needs, identify gaps, and define capabilities for an acceptable solution to the business problem
• Participate in workflow analysis and business process analysis to identify and clarify requirements
• Consult with users in examining business processes
• Assist in writing project documents (business case, objectives, user stories, acceptance criteria, etc.)
• Create and execute application test cases and validate against expected results
• Work with SME's in gathering information needed to develop business cases and/or user stories
• Assist PMs in gathering metrics for project goals and completing cost benefit analysis
• Assist in developing business benefits realisation measures for business cases
• Coordinate implementation of changes to existing workflows or applications
• Document workflows and participate in walkthroughs
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Prior experience as a SME, business/technical resource involving analysis on small/medium projects, initiatives or production support efforts
• Ideally experience of working with Agile methodologies (specifically Disciplined Agile Delivery)
• Basic experience with application and user testing process
• Experience utilizing MS Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, & Excel)
• Experience with JIRA and Confulence
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
• Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
• Basic knowledge of business process modelling methodologies (i.e. lean, Six Sigma)
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.