Business Analyst - Regulatory Change, Scotland
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent , Full time
- 16 Oct 17
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
A Word About Us
Capco – Forming the Future of Finance
Capco is a distinctly and positively different place to work. The Edinburgh location is a rare opportunity for employees to build, shape and influence the business utilising your entrepreneurial spirit with the backing of the global Capco community.
As the only dedicated Financial Services consultancy firm in Scotland, the opportunity for growth is large, accessible and immediate as the demands of the industry are rapidly changing. Much more than consultants, we are active participants in the global financial services industry. Our passionate business and technology professionals enjoy a unique environment where they are actively encouraged to apply intellect, innovation, experience and teamwork.
We are dedicated to fully supporting our world class clients as they respond to challenges and opportunities in: Banking, Capital Markets, Finance Risk & Compliance, Insurance and Wealth and Investment Management. Experience Capco for yourself at capco.com
Let’s Get Down To Business
As a Business Analyst your are working with clients and key stakeholders to elicit the requirements for data provision. You’ll be working with regulatory and industry bodies to clarify requirements for regulatory data and perform appropriate business and data analysis tasks as part of the project lifecycle including producing process maps, operating models, business requirements and functional requirements, documents and structure deliverables.
You will be working with the BA teams and Project Manager to analyse any changes to requirements throughout the projects.
Fitting that description, you will also need to be Supremely Personally Motivated to work in a team where clients become colleagues too.
We are looking for both Business Analysts and Senior Business Analysts with regulatory change experience.
Show Us What You’ve Got
We're looking for the following skills and experience:
- Experience within the financial services industry with Knowledge of Financial Services including Capital Markets, Fund Services and Asset Management, with exposure to regulatory change
- Experience working on regulatory projects, including MiFID2, UCITS, FATCA, EMIR, Dodd Frank
- Business analysis experience in regulatory change projects - demonstrate the ability to complete functional analysis to assess impact to current business processes to ensure compliance
- Experience in collaborating with project team & stakeholders, across multiple business and locations, to categorize and prioritise regulatory requirements
- Work closely with both the project teams & the relevant business lines to ensure current processes are fully understood and documented
- Meeting with stakeholders to capture detailed requirements considered necessary to deliver on objectives
- Must take an innovative approach to translating client needs into business requirements, with strong influencing skills
- Actively participate in project planning and status reporting activities linked to business analysis activities and related workstreams
- Experienced in applying proven methodologies, standards and tools in the preparation of Business Requirement Definitions, User Acceptance Testing, system conversions and implementations
- Knowledge of Financial Services and Capital Markets is key as well as front to back experience of Change Management
Professional experience is important. From Day One, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients an unfair advantage.
Now Take The Next Step
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, then we’re looking forward to receiving your application.
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture