Business Development Manager – Scotland
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Funding Circle
- 30 Nov 18
An exciting and high-performing sales channel, our Broker Team needs an accomplished BDM to build out our presence in Scotland. To drive the growth of our broker network, you will be a self-starting hunter with a keen eye for untapped opportunities.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone with a real passion for building, developing and maximising business relationships, and being part of disruptive innovation in financial services. You will be our face-to-market in Scotland and own it as a region, developing and implementing a strategy to establish and nurture intermediary-referred SME borrowers.
What will you be doing?
- Building Funding Circle’s presence in Scotland with local business networks, leading to the acquisition of borrowers through established broker, bank and business coach contacts with support from the Regional Manager in the North
- Searching for, acquiring and building new relationships with relevant business contacts including accountants, business coaches and brokers both by face to face, telephone, LinkedIn and email
- Helping to develop and implement the team acquisition strategy (incl. which relationships and networks to target, in what order, and how, and assist with campaign/event planning)
- Partnering with a Broker Account Manager to track introduced loan applications and to assist with general analysis/reporting on business network activity on a weekly and monthly basis
- Working remotely, you will adapt a flexible working style, including travel, focusing on Scotland. There will also be occasional trips to our offices in Manchester and London for training and team building events.
What will you bring to the role?
- Proven and extensive business development/sales experience as a senior member of the team
- Both a hunter and farmer, with an appetite to build something long-lasting from the start
- Experience working with bank relationship managers or brokerages with access to SMEs would be highly advantageous
- Presence of an existing network of business contacts an advantage
- Located in Glasgow or Edinburgh would be highly advantageous
- Experience explaining complex products or services to businesses and introducers
- Excellent relationship building and written and oral communication ability (ability to lead and control a phone discussion/negotiation/closing to ensure efficiency)
- Dedicated approach and self-starter, with a high level of working autonomously
- Ability to work towards KPIs, hit and exceed sales targets
- Strong presentation and organisational skills, with a flexible attitude towards working hours and UK travel
Why join Funding Circle?
Manning the front line, you are the face of Funding Circle in your region and beyond. You will join a hard-working and most importantly FUN team where we encourage ambition and initiative.
Walk into an office that champions working smart, working together and living the adventure.
We offer a range of attractive benefits and a competitive salary package including uncapped, performance based bonus
(+ expenses budget, mileage, private health insurance, life assurance, 25 days holidays etc.)
January 2019 start
The role is working remotely and would suit someone ideally based in Edinburgh or Glasgow, but open to any location.