Client Contract Vice President
- Not Specified
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
With operations all over the world and a range of investment products and services, BlackRock is one of the most complex financial services organizations servicing clients today. In order to achieve operational excellence, Business Operations ensures BlackRock's operations are consistent and efficient across investment products, client channels and regions. The Business Operations team comprises of numerous groups including the Aladdin Portfolio Services Group and Investment Operations & Broker Dealer Services. OnBoarding-Contracting is included within the Business Operations team along with Reporting, Client Order Management and OnBoarding-Implementation.
The OnBoarding-Contracting Team plays a key role in on-boarding new clients within BlackRock and managing change for existing clients with respect to the contractual set up. The team focuses on the drafting, negotiation, co-ordination and execution of investment management agreements, investment guidelines or criteria, and other related documentation for new clients and existing institutional clients. Trading documentation (ISDAs and CSAs) and fund documentation (Fund IMAs and prospectuses) are out of scope for this team.
As a Vice President within OnBoarding-Contracting, you will support a growing area in a dynamic and challenging environment. You will be responsible for your own portfolio of business with some guidance and oversight, based upon a team of Account Managers and/or specific regional offices, whose clients you will support from a documentation perspective. You will be responsible for providing in depth knowledge of your client's mandates as well as an excellent client focus.
• Drive the contracting process from initial drafting through negotiation completion for your portfolio of business
• Own a client channel and efficiently manage the workload for that channel including training and educating other team members
• Facilitate and co-ordinate internal stakeholders across different regions involved in the contracting process, ensuring their comments flow through to the contract and requisite approvals are obtained
• Manage internal and external client expectations throughout the negotiation process
• Partner with the OnBoarding-Implementation team to take on new clients and manage client change as efficiently as possible
• Ensure that the appropriate contracting process is followed to mitigate risk to BlackRock
• Negotiate client documentation to within the remit of the OnBoarding-Contracting team, escalating to legal and operational risk when necessary
• Support the sales team with contractual documentation queries
• Communicate any contractual documentation changes to the client mandate to applicable internal stakeholders
• Capture and record relevant non-standard contractual clauses on an ongoing basis and maintain the contractual documentation database
• Ensure that all completed contractual documentation is properly filed, stored and retrievable
• Participate in research initiatives or projects that are requested by the sales, product, audit or legal teams
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated asset management or financial services experience and in-depth experience of drafting contractual documentation within the asset management industry possessing either:
• A legal background or qualification with experience of drafting and negotiating investment management agreements for an institutional client base; or
• No formal legal qualification, but excellent knowledge and proven experience in negotiating investment management agreements and investment guidelines for institutional clients
• Relevant legal qualification (desirable not essential)
• Experienced contract management and negotiation skills
• Excellent attention to detail, organization and presentation skills
• Knowledge of the asset management industry (fund types, client base and strategies, operational set up and products) and applicable law and regulations
• Strongly proficient on standard software (e.g. Microsoft Office)
• Self-driven with the ability to independently manage your own portfolio of business with some guidance and oversight
• Strong awareness of process efficiency and the need to mitigate risk through team processes
• Exemplary analytical, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients at all levels and across various regions
• Team player - both with regard to your direct team as well as those with whom you support
• Flexible and open to accepting new challenges; able to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, demanding and ever changing environment while maintaining the highest standard and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to balance client needs with BlackRock policies and operational procedures; possess excellent regulatory and technical awareness in order to understand associated risks and provided innovative, risk-free and compliance friendly solutions
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.