Client Contracting Vice President
- Competitive with excellent benefits
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The OnBoarding Contracting team plays a key role in on-boarding new clients within BlackRock and change for existing clients. The team is responsible for the drafting, negotiation, co-ordination and execution of investment management agreements, investment guidelines or criteria, and other related documentation for new clients and existing clients. Trading documentation (ISDAs and CSAs) and fund documentation (Fund IMAs and prospectuses) are out of scope for this team.
The role is to join our Onboarding Contracting team as a Team Lead and Contracting Officer.
In this role you will have the opportunity to combine drafting and negotiation of investment management documentation with line management and supervision of a team within OnBoarding Contracting. As such it requires good stakeholder and line management skills. It will provide you with exposure to the broader BlackRock business as you will be required to work closely with our sales teams and other teams in Business Operations as well as Legal and Compliance. You will be expected to partner at all levels and to lead and participate in meetings and projects that directly impact the service provided by your team.
Day to day tasks and responsibilities of the OnBoarding Contracting team include but are not limited to:
- Drafting, negotiation and co-ordination of investment management agreements and related contractual documentation.
- Facilitation and co-ordination of all internal stakeholders across different regions involved in the contracting process, ensuring their comments flow through to the contract and requisite approvals are obtained.
- Partnering with the OnBoarding Implementation team to take on new clients and manage client change as efficiently as possible.
- Ensuring that the appropriate contracting procedures are followed for all contract processing to mitigate risk to BlackRock.
- Negotiating client documentation within specified parameters, escalating legal and operational risk when necessary.
- Developing key relationships with internal stakeholders and client business teams to foster a client focused process.
- Supporting the sales team with contractual documentation queries.
- Participating in research initiatives or projects that are requested by the sales, product or legal teams.
In addition, the Team Lead will be responsible for:
- Supervising and prioritising the work of a team within OnBoarding Contracting on a day to day basis
- Monitoring client experience levels and quality delivered by the team
- Maintaining a robust control environment
- Maintaining, developing and refining processes and procedures
- Training and developing the team
- Developing the team’s knowledge of our processes, products and product governance
- Working with the wider OnBoarding Contracting management team to identify opportunities to streamline and improve the control environment
As a Team Lead, you will also be expected to:
- Inspire the team to deliver its objectives and contribute to the development and success of the wider Global Client Service organisation
- Develop strategies to accelerate the team’s understanding of their clients, their clients business and the industry
- Be a role model for client engagement, advancing proactive service engagement by the team, ensuring client expectations are continuously met or exceeded.
- Develop and manage the overall performance of the team and individuals, which will include coaching, mentoring, planning, training, learning and development as well as assessing performance and managing talent and careers
You should have:
- A legal background or qualification or no formal legal qualification but knowledge and experience in drafting and negotiating investment management agreements or other commercial agreements.
- Experience as a team lead or supervisor with ability to manage a range of personalities and skill levels and a track record of driving successful team performance
- Strong client service skills and a passion for delivering service excellence
- Strong interpersonal skills and be confident, friendly and respectful individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable liaising with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills with an aptitude for problem solving and willingness to go the extra mile for clients
- Flexible and open approach to accepting new challenges; able to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, demanding and ever-changing environment while maintaining the highest standard and attention to detail.
- The ability to balance client needs with BlackRock’s policies and operational procedures; possess excellent regulatory and technical awareness in order to understand associated risks and provide innovative, risk-free and compliance-friendly solutions.
- Exemplary analytical, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with both internal and external clients at all levels and regions.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.