Client Onboarding Officer- VP - Data and Pipeline Management
Client Onboarding Officer- VP - Data and Pipeline Management
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 260,000 employees and operations in more than 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset Management, Consumer & Community Banking.
The Wealth Management division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customised solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $2.4 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. Operations Overview
Operations are uniquely positioned at the heart of all that we do. We impact the business we undertake from end to end - involved in almost all major steps of the transaction lifecycle as well as new initiatives (account opening and KYC, products and services) and vendor management. We work in collaboration with counterparts from all areas across Lines of Business, Technology, Finance and Corporate Functions. Our role is all about maintaining the efficient processes our people rely on every day to do first-class business, whilst constantly striving to achieve the improvement that makes the firm one of the most respected financial institutions in the world.
The global focus on Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) is increasing and leading to new roles and opportunities within JP Morgan. The firm is establishing within Operations a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in Onboarding clients with special attention to meeting the regulatory AML and KYC requirements.
We are offering you an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team in a fast paced and challenging area. Key Responsibilities:
The team's key responsibilities are:
- Advising on documentation requirements to external and internal partners.
- Review of AML/ KYC, account opening and tax documentation as to whether it meets regulatory and internal policies to open or maintain an account.
- Documenting clients on due diligence and related systems and updating these profiles periodically.
- Taking responsibility for the end-to-end client onboarding process.
The team supports all aspects of client onboarding to include the fulfilment of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) requirements. The Client Onboarding Officers partner with the client-facing teams to ensure all client KYC records are compliant with regulatory standards, and ensure high quality and timely completion of all client-level due diligence requirements at the onset and renewal of client relationships.
We prefer candidates with prior AML/ KYC background and/ or holding a relevant degree or qualification.
Your role will be to review the work of the team and the systems they use and be able to compile reports on attributes such as throughput, pipeline and quality. You would support the Onboarding team management in preparing reports not only as part of ongoing measuring of the team's performance and resourcing, but also be able to quickly respond to ad hoc requests from the business or Compliance/ audit teams.
Some of the key attributes we look for in this role include :
For all candidates we look for
- Ability to analyse and understand complex client onboarding tools and systems.
- Previous work in data analysis and reporting to internal stakeholders.
- Previous work involving large data and reconciling data.
- Advanced Excel Skills.
- Ability to escalate appropriately any risks and errors identified.
- Act as a subject matter expert on data within the team.
- Great eye for detail and ability to explain outcomes of a data review to management in the client onboarding team.
- Ability to coordinate with JPMorgan stakeholders in control and audit functions.
Additionally for senior (VP roles) we look for :
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills, able to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical, prioritization and organizational skills
- Logical, structured approach to planning, problem solving and decision-making
- Strong risk and controls awareness
- Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
- Maintains a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize/multi-task
- Strong client focus and ability to partner with various internal groups and client coverage
- Ability to successfully navigate a complex infrastructure that involves numerous groups and individuals
- Consultative in approach, understanding and anticipating business partner needs and proactively delivering solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines
- Independent, self-motivated, with an ability to adapt and be flexible in a team environment
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Able to work with Project and tech teams on complex digitalization initiatives and give timely input on impact to BAU operations
- Fluency in English is required. The team reviews documentation in English, French, German, Spanish, and Italian, and we would welcome applications from candidates speaking these languages (B2 level or above) who meet our other criteria.
- Ability to manage experience SME hires/ team members and address any issues with their complex BAU issues.
- Oversee workflow pertaining to New Accounts, ensuring the New Accounts team retains adequate resourcing, linguistic coverage and SME knowledge. Ability to communicate workflow management effectively both to internal management, and external partners, and work to effectively prioritise cases where necessary.
- Ability to work in a highly pressurized environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Excellent networking and time management skills
- Ability to identify and take ownership of issues pertaining to Onboarding and work towards their quick resolution by engaging partner teams such as Compliance, Tech, GFCC, Risk and Legal.
- Confidence in dealing with Front office partners and clients and able to deliver an exceptional client service experience.
- Tech savvy - able to work with Project and tech teams on complex digitalization initiatives and give timely input on impact to BAU operations pertaining to New Accounts
- Experience in working with audit and compliance teams at a senior level and able to provide analysis and feedback on any issues raised.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers extensive training and development opportunities, an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to pursue a career with JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s Operations in Edinburgh, please apply online providing a cover letter and CV in English.
IPB2021 About Us
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients' needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.