Client Reporting Analyst
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 19
Client Reporting Analyst
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Scotland,Edinburgh
- Education: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
- Job Function: Transaction Processing
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19010314
The role is the senior client reporting analyst will initially be the lead analyst on the on-boarding of the reporting service for a platinum client before transitioning into the production team. The role will require the clear design and definition of the operating model for the client reporting service, input to the design and scope of the testing requirements and then transition this into business as usual production.
As part of the Aberdeen Standard Life merger Citi has been asked to provide end client reporting for the merged entity. The client is based predominantly in the UK and Citi's report build and day-to-day operations is based in India. The role is part of the BAU team but will initially have a project focus to perform the operational readiness role defining the operating model, scoping testing and co-ordinating the operational readiness activities between the onshore client and Citi's offshore service delivery.
- At the report level ensure the operating model is clearly defined and documented including:
o The data sources required for each report from both client and Citi sources
o The hand ins and hand offs between for each report
o The Day in the Life ("DILO") for each report together with timings and SLA's
o Ensure that all controls are clearly defined and documented
o Ensure completion of data elements, report catalogue and data dictionary
o Design and implement a robust change control process for client reporting
o Design and implement a governance and oversight model between Citi and the client
- Work with the Citi the Client and data teams to ensure data gaps are addressed
- Establish and manage a robust process between the business analysts and the Citi developments team to ensure report builds are accurate and to agreed project plans. .
- Answer any questions raised by the development team
- Work with the Citi testing team and client to document the testing strategy and approach for the client reporting workstream. Ensure the operating model is tested and that any changes and / or gaps are addressed. Ensure a clear defect process is established and managed through the testing cycle.
- Ensure all BAU activities, procedures, checklists, training and system set up and access are in place ahead of go live for both onshore and offshore teams. Ensure all teams have signed off on their readiness for go live.
- Ensure all client documentation, SLA'a and KPI's are agreed and in place ahead of go live
- Work with the client to obtain formal sign-off on the joint testing
- Representing the team on internal project meetings
- Develop strong, pro-active relationships with all internal and external customers including client, offshore partners, client service and middle office teams.
- Working closely with other relevant operational peers to ensure that project delivery risks are minimised.
- Provide weekly status updates into the workstream project manager
- Participate in various client calls on behalf of the team.
- Engagement on one of the highest profile investment management projects in progress in the industry
- Opportunity to gain deep experience on end client reporting and the latest data management tools
- Develop a detailed knowledge of Citigroup offerings
- Develop good interpersonal skills
- Develop operational knowledge through working with a variety of Funds Services areas
- Development of project experience through involvement on a key Citi project
- Educated to degree standard
- Accountancy qualification
- Project management qualification
Candidate should have knowledge of investment operations/ reporting functions and have at least 5 years working experience in the Investment Management/Financial Services Industry, with time spent within:
- a client reporting role, on boarding new clients or servicing changes to existing client reports.
- a financial statement preparation team preparing at least draft but preferably desk top published annual financial statements
- an external audit team with focus on the audit of the financial statements
- Strong analytical skills
- Detailed knowledge of Financial reporting for funds or their end clients
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office (word/excel)
- Understand concept of a broad range of investment management instruments
- Experience of Vermillion software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish credibility at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self motivated
- Responsible for actions
- Structured and organised
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer