Client Service Manager, Officer
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Salary: Not Specified
- Job Type: Full time
The purpose of the role is to effectively lead, manage and mobilise a Custody Client Service delivery team to meet and exceed the demands of a group of high profile clients. In all cases the clients contract to State Street for Custody services.
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of Role:
The purpose of the role is to effectively lead, manage and mobilise a Custody Client Service delivery team to meet and exceed the demands of a group of high profile clients. In all cases the clients contract to State Street for Custody services solely, or as part of a wider selection of services.
The role requires the management of a team of Associates (various levels), who provide the day-to-day service to their assigned clients and requires effective coordination and interaction with many parts of the wider organisation to ensure service delivery excellence to the end clients. These other groups include areas within CSO UK, other GSUK business partners such as SSTL and SS IMS and notably, the extensive group of Global Operations units supporting the broader custody business
- Establish, maintain and develop effective service relationships for all assigned clients within your team and ensure that both you and your team build and extend knowledge of your clients and their key service requirements. (10%)
- Demonstrate effective client communication, engagement and focus to ensure that the needs of your clients are met and that your team are effectively mobilised to meet those needs. Client communication will be through various mediums including e-mail, telephone and face-to-face. (10%)
- Effectively oversee the service delivery standard provided by your team and implement mechanisms to measure, support and influence this in a proactive manner on an ongoing basis. Demonstrate a high degree of ownership for the service delivery standard provided by your team. (10%)
- Effectively lead, manage and plan the implementation of Client Change activity from a Custody stakeholder perspective, delegating to and mobilising your resource effectively to achieve desired results. This is a significant element of the role and requires effective interaction with the Client Change function to achieve mutual objectives. (40%)
- Effectively oversee the day-to-day operational control activities undertaken within your team, ensuring that the standard of control and risk mitigation within your team is subject to robust ongoing scrutiny, re-evaluation and continual improvement. (15%)
- Work collaboratively within the AOOI Edinburgh management team and promote the implementation of efficiencies and improved working practices across the team, business unit and wider department. (10%)
- Ensure that your team and business unit operates in compliance with internal and external regulations and that escalation policies and procedures are followed. (5%)
- Demonstrate the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in your behaviour
- Maintain a detailed understanding of :
- The scope of the role’s managerial responsibilities
- The competence of the staff reporting to you
- Ensure that your team has clear understanding of their reporting lines, authority levels, scope of responsibilities (including those delegated to them and those they delegate), objectives, training and competency requirements plus progress is reviewed regularly in line with Company policy, and are regulatory registered where appropriate for their role
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Establish and monitor systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Adhere to the delegation and oversight (management information and escalation) framework in the performance of daily tasks. This includes taking proactive action to ensure there is adequate production of management information that is fits for purpose, and issues are raised as appropriate
- Establish and monitor an effective delegation framework to ensure that tasks are performed by staff members with appropriate capacity and authority level (based on knowledge, skills and competence).
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved. This includes: a) ensuring that appropriate management information is received, considered and challenged as appropriate at intervals proportionate to the risks; and b) that staff members have clear understanding of the escalation path/principles
- Establish and nurture a culture of ‘Risk Excellence’ within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Ensure that you make reasonable decisions by exercising reasonable care when considering information available to you. This includes taking proactive action to ensure that the information you have is suitable and adequate.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members’ behaviour in performing their roles.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behaviour
Level of Education / Qualifications:
- Degree level desired but not essential
Skills and Experience:
- Strong Custody Client Service and/or Custody Operations experience required.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and ability to work with a high degree of independence
- High level of attention to detail required
- Strong communicator with ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage a fluid workload effectively to deadlines
Professional Organisation Membership / Certification:
- IAQ/IOC or equivalent