Cloud Platform Engineer Vice President - EDI
Description About this role
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide! As of July 17, 2020, BlackRock's AUM was $7.3 trillion, making it the largest asset manager globally. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a variety of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Headquartered in New York City, the firm has approximately 16,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and Africa!
BlackRock's Technology Cloud Services team is responsible for building and growing a multi-cloud strategy. We are looking for a Cloud Platform Engineer to join our team and build out our Cloud Landing Zones. We are a newly formed interdisciplinary team focusing on delivering access to all three major cloud providers to our development community in a scalable, resilient, and secure manner. We are passionate about solving difficult problems through technology and are focused on utilising the cloud to tackle large scale challenges.
We have a team that work globally and excited to get another Cloud Platform Engineer to help move us forward! We want to see how our successful candidate will fit into our Agile team and for them to impress our internal development teams with their guru level knowledge!
You are looking at a firm that recognizes strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual. You are a strong candidate when it comes to your ability to work in an international team. You will have experience in building cloud infrastructure while keeping security, cost, performance and complexity at top of mind.
As a Cloud Platform Engineer you will:
What you'll need:
- Work as part of our international, multidisciplinary team to build out our Cloud Landing Zone technology
- Drive our landing zone services/product to delivery, taking onboard any feedback on our service and incrementally improve it
- Participate in our Agile ceremonies to help us deliver on our commitments to our customers
- Assist in solving complex issues with our cloud services & platform
- Be able to make other teams productive by producing well written user documentation and How To's
- Participate in solutions design reviews with new development teams to understand their requirements and ensure that our platform works for them.
- Experience in contributing to Agile teams so that everyone achieves their goals
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in provisioning, deploying and supporting cloud native applications & infrastructure in Azure (Preferred) or AWS. Some knowledge of GCP is helpful.
- To demonstrate your experience of using Azure related resources such as; VNets, Resource Groups, Functions, AzureVM, NSGs, Express Route & RBAC. (VPCs, EC2, Direct Connect, IAM & AWS Landing Zones)
- To have been using Terraform, blueprints or CloudFormation to deliver complex infrastructure across Azure (Preferred), AWS or GCP
- Experience with software deployment and orchestration technologies such as Helm, Docker, Kubernetes
- Understanding of testing principles in the context of IaC
Who you are:
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. About BlackRock
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty when necessary, and you persevere where others do not
- Excited to bring order to cloud automation standards
- Passionate about crafting and evolving CI/CD pipelines with GitLab or GitHub following GitOps principles
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.