Compliance Officer, RBSI
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
Join us as a Compliance Officer in London or Edinburgh
- If you're already in a compliance role, or have had previous experience in a compliance role and you're looking to take on an influential senior position that covers many aspects of banking, join us as Compliance Officer for RBS International ("RBSI") in our London or Edinburgh offices.
- You'll also have the opportunity to work on compliance projects that cover all the jurisdictions we operate in
What you'll do
Under the leadership of the Chief Compliance Officer, you'll be working within an established compliance team, where you'll provide assistance and advice around the identification and management of related compliance, conduct and regulatory risks to RBSI senior management.
Day-to-day in your role, you'll be:
- Ensuring sure that compliance, conduct and regulatory risks affecting the UK RBSI businesses are identified and managed
- Providing consultancy advice and guidance to the UK RBSI businesses in relation to all applicable legislation, regulations and bank policies
- Ensuring that appropriate compliance risk policies and procedures are developed in respect of new and emerging regulatory requirements
- Responsible for making sure that regulators remain informed on a timely basis of any appropriate regulatory matters or issues
Ultimately, you'll be providing expert support and advice to the business on the identification and management of compliance risks by interpreting and complying with the relevant risk policy standards, risk management framework and local legal and regulatory requirements.
The skills you'll need
You'll need extensive knowledge of Trustee and Depository services gained from operating within a compliance function from a UK regulatory perspective. You'll be able to draw on your knowledge of local laws, regulations, rules and guidance, being able to translate it into working documents and advice for the business. You will pair this with your experience of dealing with regulators, including day-to-day relationships and regulatory visits.
You'll be from a compliance background, ideally previously having worked as a Compliance Officer or Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
You'll have skills in conduct and have a compliance diploma or equivalent, or drive to achieve one.
We're also looking for:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A good knowledge of banking products and processes, particularly in the offshore market
- Report writing abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate with all parts of the business, particularly senior management
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS International, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.