Working with M&G Prudential as a Consolidation Accountant means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the most loved and most successful saving & investments business. The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Within the new unified M&G Prudential Finance function we have an exciting new opportunity to join us as a Consolidation Accountant. This role will be part of the team that is required to produce consolidated IFRS financial statement and Group Solvency 2 reporting. Reporting to the Head of Group Consolidation, this role will be integral to establishing the consolidation process for M&G Prudential and production of the financial information for the new Group's reporting. It is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic accountant to be involved in establishing the financial reporting for a new listed group.
Main responsibilities of this role:
- Preparation of the Group's consolidated results, including review of BU inputs, eliminations and consolidation adjustments
- Support the preparation of the Group IFRS financial statements
- Support the preparation of the Group's Solvency 2 consolidated balance sheet and reporting
- Utilise the Group's asset data store to produce Group asset reporting outputs as required
- To contribute to the response to ad-hoc requests from external parties such as the PRA and ratings agencies
- To support the delivery of finance change projects that impact on the consolidation process, including user acceptance testing of any changes
- To support the delivery of initiatives required as part of the demerger project to ensure Group reporting processes meet all reporting and control requirements of a newly listed plc
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships within M&G Prudential finance and the wider finance community
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customer outcomes and a reduction in M&G Prudential's operational risk
To be successful in this role you'll:
- Be a qualified accountant
- Have working knowledge of financial reporting regulatory requirements and legislatory frameworks
- Have working knowledge, expertise and experience in reporting - IFRS and SII
- Have experience of dealing with complex transactions and associated accounting
- Have experience of the production and delivery of consolidation processes in a life and pensions or other financial services organisation
- Have experience of using finance reporting systems (such as HFM) to produce financial results
- Have some experience of finance change programmes, including technology implementations
- Have experience of insurance accounting, including requirements of UKGAAP and IFRS
- Be a highly analytical and skilled problem solver, with a strong commercial mind-set, and the ability to distil complex ideas or problems into simple, effective plans and solutions
- Have the ability to manage demanding stakeholder relationships
- Have the ability to assess, react quickly and decisively to problems, taking tough decisions where needed or escalating issues as appropriate
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Recruiter: Hannah Macmillan