Credit Documentation Associate - Fluent in Italian AND/OR Spanish
- Document drafting
- Produce standard and non-standard credit documentation and support with associated processes
- Documents include, among others, Credit Facility Agreements, Pledge agreements, Life Insurance Assignments, SBLCs and Guarantees.
- Work with standard document templates approved by the Legal department
- Ensure correct templates are always used in accordance with the relevant procedure for the allocated market, adhere to zero error target and meet the required SLAs for the delivery of documents
- Liaise with the relevant Legal team in cases of non-standard documentation requests or where non-standard language is required (e.g. covenants)
- Manage the credit documentation process for the allocated market and refer any issues to the team leader
- Identify areas for improvements to legal templates and liaise with legal partners to implement changes
- Support analysts with the drafting of documentation
- Ancillary activities
- Check the team mailbox for the allocated market and respond to queries promptly ensuring no items are over 24 hours
- Update and maintain the tracking log for the allocated market adding appropriate commentary and ensuring it always remains up-to-date
- Share the allocated market pipeline with LS and SBL as agreed with the team leader
- Update capacity metrics timeously and assist team leader with metrics review and reporting
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of the missing documents report and ensure it is sent before the agreed deadline. Assist with the analysis and investigation of ageing items.
- Participate and support team leader with key projects, often within tight deadlines, taking ownership and leading as agreed with team leader. Provide support from inception through to completion.
- Manage and prioritise the workflow for the day to day activities to ensure SLAs are met.
- Deputise for team leader as appropriate, including day-to-day management and participation in meetings
- Participate at team meetings and make valuable contributions. Lead or take notes if designated chairperson/secretary and update the minutes in the shared drive. Follow up on allocated actions .
- Share information, best practice and ideas with the team
- Regularly partner with and provide support for colleagues in other locations. This includes Legal partners, CSS, Onboarding, Business Management and Projects teams
- Liaise with Lending Advisors, Credit Executives and internal & external legal teams on documentation requirements and validation
- Act as main point of contact for key stakeholders
- Deepen relationships with other Credit Platform Services teams and promote synergies
- Provide support to and coach analysts/junior associates while fostering collaboration and team spirit
- Maintain accurate data on documents from clients in the Documentation Tracking System. Create accurate PIDs in a timely manner
- Responsible for tracking the status of documents and resolving exceptions
- Help set up and maintain robust procedures and processes; identify inefficiencies and propose solutions
- Monitor compliance with processes and procedures, in addition to performing quality controls in accordance with local requirements (including Risk Control Self-Assessment)
- Understand, ensure adherence to and compliance with, JPMorgan policies and regulatory requirements
- Understand credit control requirements to ensure that any control requirement is addressed and controls effected
- Highlight documentation exceptions through commentary to senior management
- Maintain a strong controls mind-set, able to challenge the status quo and identify process efficiencies
- Complete all mandatory training timeously
- Ensure timely escalation of issues to team leader/senior management following the applicable escalation procedures
- Adhere with Records retention policy
- Maintain in-depth understanding of relevant field and end-to-end process
- Drive automation initiatives for the team and within the wider department
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Maintain very good knowledge of credit products
- Participate in credit and other forums to stay abreast of new initiatives
- Keep informed on new policies/regulations impacting credit and discuss with manager
- Commit to own learning and attend training sessions organized by the wider team
- University graduate (preferably Law or Finance) with experience in dealing with client credit documents
- Relevant experience within a financial institution
- Fluent in Italian / Spanish
- Previous experience in a credit documentation team an advantage
- Previous experience in documentation and process automation an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels, including senior management
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated with ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Familiarity with credit and lending products (legal knowledge is a plus)
- General market knowledge
- Knowledge of credit products in European countries is a plus
- Ability to suggest improvements and engineer process changes
- Strong Word and Excel skills
- Control and Risk mitigation mind-set
IPB2021 About Us
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients' needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.