Credit Portfolio Manager
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as a Credit Portfolio Manager
- Sitting within Credit Risk, you'll be shaping our retail credit strategy in anticipation of emerging threats to the Personal & Business Banking credit profile
- Working closely with RBS Economics, this is a fantastic opportunity to play a significant role in shaping our future lending strategy in the UK
- We believe that flexible working can make a real difference to your wellbeing and professional development, so you'll have access to a range of flexible working arrangements
What you'll do
This role will see you pro-actively identifying emerging economic and regulatory threats and potential portfolio concentration risks. You'll be liaising with stakeholders across the bank to support the identification of wider cross bank concentrations and credit risks.
As well as this, you'll be responsible for:
- Providing insightful and timely briefings to assist senior management with the understanding the credit risk profile and future threats to the retail portfolio
- Collating information from multiple sources and producing compelling and influential strategy proposals
- Ensuring that credit methodologies take account of the economic outlook and the emerging impacts
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with outstanding communication skills, and a broad understanding of the economy and how it impacts a retail bank. You'll need a solid background in credit and a general understanding of economic processes and consumer trends.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Significant experience developing and applying effective credit risk control frameworks within complex financial service businesses
- Evidence of strong leadership and people management skills, and the ability to influence others
- An analytical and flexible approach with the ability to simplify complex and conflicting policy positions
- The ability to make balanced judgements to assist in the management of business growth whilst effectively managing bad debt and operational costs
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.