Deloitte Digital, Service Designer â€" Senior Consultant - Manager, Edinburgh
The Opportunity & Role Weâ€™re looking for a Service Designer to join our diverse and growing design team.
The opportunity at hand is an exciting one. In this role, you will be taking a user centric approach to produce innovative and inspiring client outcomes across the spectrum of design engagements. Youâ€™ll work closely with our clients, some of the largest and most complex organisations with complicated problems, to understand their business requirements and help them imagine, deliver and run the future. You will be designing outstanding experiences and digital products and creating blueprints of how these work witin organisations. You will collaborate with amazing digital experts across disciplines to build a vibrant team culture and to deliver industry leading experiences across a broad range of products and services. Responsibilities
In shortâ€¦ youâ€™ll working alongside a cross-functional team to translate business and user needs into engaging experiences.
- Design end-to-end user-centred services that define the way of the future for our clients
- Apply a design-led approach to solve client problems and be able to articulate why such an approach is most effective in meeting their business challenges
- Have a good grasp of qualitative and quantitative research methods to client and usersâ€™ needs and work with researchers to conduct these studies
- Run service design activities on projects, including designing & facilitating workshops, co-creation sessions, user interviews
- Review and analyse existing systems and processes to identify potential problem areas
- Own and create high quality service design deliverables, including personas, experience maps, insights packs, user flow maps, and service blueprints
- Own the client relationship and lead a small team through service-design projects
- Support business development activities in the scoping and planning phases of a project
- Contribute to the on-going development of our own design team. We always looking for ways to evolve our team and capabilities.
Above all else youâ€™re a curious person that wants to make a positive impact. You know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
Weâ€™re looking for people who are natural initiative-takers that bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture. Youâ€™re a pioneer and a polymath, with a passion for digital, a love of lifelong learning and genuine empathy for people.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is big on human-centred design â€" you understand its philosophies, trends, methods and may have even had an evangelistic effect when it was appropriate.
- Has a strong understanding and hands-on experience running the end-to-end service design process and developing typical Service Design outputs
- Has the ability to design, run and/or utilise outputs of quantitative and qualitative user research
- Has solid stakeholder management skills
- Has a strategic mind and commercial acumen
- Is a team player
- Has brilliant interpersonal skills and a great sense of humour
You might also have (and itâ€™s okay if you donâ€™t):
- Experience delivering in agile teams
- Working expertise of adjacent fields such as UX design, visual design, proposition design and strategy
The office with the best view in Edinburgh, well at least we think so. Based out of our digital studio in Edinburgh supported by our ever growing team. You will also have the chance to work with our clients throughout Europe and beyond. Hours
This is a permanent role. We encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us. About Deloitte Digital
Weâ€™re a new type of creative digital consultancy that fuses strategy, tech and design to identify where businesses need to be, then get them there. Fast.
Through our studios spread across the globe, we help our clients imagine, deliver and run the future, from customer research right through to implementation. And we love doing it.
As part of our team, youâ€™ll work side by side with strategists, designers, researchers, engineers, writers, architects and product specialists â€" using your unique skills and perspective to help drive transformation from operational level to the C-suite, across a complete range of digital channels.
We believe in our people, which means giving them the support they need to get the best balance of work and life. Individuality, flexibility, diversity are things weâ€™re passionate about. We wouldnâ€™t be Deloitte Digital without it. How to apply
Send us your CV and portfolio: email@example.com
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Â© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166638