- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17
Director - Product Management - ERS Insurance
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomThis is an exciting opportunity to be directly involved in development of Moody's Analytics' market leading Capital & ERM Solutions for insurance companies. Increasingly insurers require better business insight to support risk-based decision-making including areas such as capital planning and stress testing. This is driving demand for new types of modelling solutions to meet the needs of senior management which Moody's Analytics is well positioned to deliver. Our current offerings are used by a range of insurers globally.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of multiple solutions to support our broader Capital & ERM proposition. A key aspect of the role will involve understanding evolving regulatory themes and industry best practice, working with our sales, advisory and research teams to ensure our solution aligns with market requirements. In addition, the role can involve creating thought-leadership articles and conference speaking.
The role would suit candidates with a breadth of insurance experience, a delivery track record with a strong technical background and excellent communication skills. Particularly, it would suit someone who would like to leverage their experience within the insurance industry to play a key role in the development of a successful and scalable Capital & ERM business.
This role may suit an actuary or similar with an insurance background, seeking a role which offers a greater degree of autonomy, and the opportunity to take a lead in developing a distinct business proposition for a growing global client base.
- Responsibility for leading and managing product delivery from planning to market release.
- Responsibility for the overall product quality and sign off in line with ERS Insurance quality framework.
- Working with other Product Managers and Research to define market requirements, agree research and product development priorities, define product roadmaps and develop specifications for product features.
- Developing and reviewing business requirements as part of the product development lifecycle.
- Involvement in the day-to-day interactions with the product and engineering teams, working closely to ensure the alignment of business requirements with solution development.
- Developing market & product strategy with ERS Insurance stakeholders
- Working with sales and product management to develop commercial & product pricing strategy including building partner relationships.
- Producing content for inclusion in product marketing collateral: brochures, fact-sheets, case studies
- Creating targeted content to support product and proposition marketing, thought-leadership articles, conference speaking, supporting marketing campaigns.
- Provide specialist Capital & ERM insight and product expertise to support the sales/client engagement process
- Delivering product content and broader insights for new business proposals in response to RFI/RFPs.
- Working with sales & advisory services to specify client projects and agree commercial proposals.
- Managing a small team of junior product analysts.
The RiskIntegrity product management team play a critical role in managing Moody's Analytics' insurance products and services delivered around the world. This vacancy is for a role working on the highly successful Moody's Analytics RiskIntegrity product suite.
- A good first degree in a numerical discipline, for example: mathematics, physics, engineering, actuarial science or finance.
- In addition, the candidate should have either:
- A relevant professional qualification such as Actuarial, CFA or similar
- A post-graduate (MSc or PhD) qualification in a numerical discipline
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex concepts both internally and externally, to different stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- The ideal candidate should have some knowledge and experience in some of the following areas
- Actuarial and capital modelling (e.g. Internal Model and Standard Formula)
- ORSA and Business Planning processes
- Involvement in actuarial reporting or regulatory submission processes such as Solvency II, IFRS, EV reporting or similar.
- Experience of developing risk/financial modelling software for the insurance market (or similar) would be an asset.
- Experience in working in a collaborative project environment, managing multi-disciplinary teams (e.g. product analysts, engineering, advisory etc.)
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- The ideal candidate would have experience writing business requirements and testing actuarial/financial software.
- ? Excellent communication and writing skills.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.