FCC Senior Officer for Functions and HOST
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management.
The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Risk team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
- Support the FCC Functions and HOST team in defining and overseeing the execution of strategy for the management of FCC risk across Functions and HOST globally. Also to support in the day-to-day management of the regional Functions and HOST FCC teams
- Support the FCC Functions and HOST team in specific priority areas, for example embedding execution and oversight, by working closely with global Function and HOST stakeholders and regional Function and HOST FCC teams. Including attending relevant working groups and coordinating teams across the regions
- Work directly with members of the AB&C, Sanctions and AML Strategy, Oversight, and Execution teams to ensure that Function and HOST risks and operational requirements are factored into Group-wide FCC activities. For example, ensuring that Function and HOST led activities regarding Risk & Control Assessments ("RCAs") are aligned to the Group AB&C, Sanctions and AML approach, and vice versa
- Act as a point of escalation for issues arising in Functions and HOST in countries and regions, ensuring investigations functions are engaged when required, and providing read-across to ensure lessons are learned and incorporated into the global Function and HOST FCC plans
- Support in training the Function, HOST and other stakeholders as necessary
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Substantial demonstrated experience in an AB&C team
- An understanding of HSBC (desirable)
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant AB&C legislation and guidance and working knowledge of AML and Sanctions
- Analytical skills, together with the ability to support decisions with sound reasoning
- Ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings both to Compliance Colleagues and Business Heads
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight time-lines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven team player with an open communication style
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000B13U
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.