FCR Data Scientist
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 22 May 18 2018-05-22
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Risk team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
- Work with project leaders in the review and improvement of the existing suite of models and methodologies
- Support improvements to the systems and data infrastructure supporting deployment of the traded risk models
- Participate in projects aimed at aligning methodologies, governance and policies around the Group
- Keep abreast of regulatory requirements.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Good understanding of the business activities for a large global banking group with diverse operations from retail banking, wealth management, commercial banking, global banking, investments, transaction services, asset management, private banking and insurance
- Minimum of 3 years proven and progressive experience in financial services data analysis and/or application development; AML Compliance specific experience preferred
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a numerate or computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings both to Compliance Colleagues and Business Heads
- Takes pride in working to a high standard, and thrives within a changing environment, showing initiative and drive
- Hands on data science programming experience using languages such as R, Python, Matlab or similar to analyse, transform and visualise big data;
- Strong Experience in SQL, PL/SQL, ORACLE
- Proficiency in (Scala, JAVA, SQL), Open source technologies.
- Hadoop (Hive, Pig etc.), SPARK
- Advanced statistical methods/functions
- Supervised Learning: Regression Analysis, Generalised Linear Model, Decision Trees, SVM, etc.
- Experience in Google analytics, AWS
- Strong analytical skills with complex data type and format Clustering: K-means, Hierarchical clustering, etc.
- Data Modelling experience
- Experience in - integrated development environment (IDE).
- Machine Learning
- Experience in Functional programming
- Experience in any Visual Analytics tools and concepts e.g SAS VA, Tableau, Qlikview, Platfora.
- A working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio and PowerPoint
- A flexible approach to working with the ability to travel to other entities within HSBC
- Ability to review processes and controls across the Business
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written) and ability to convey information in a way that is clear, succinct, and easily understood by non-analysts and senior executives
- Good understanding of payment activities for a large global banking group with diverse operations specially relating to AML, Payments, and Compliance.
- Excellent analytical skills with good eye for detail and ability to draw and support conclusions or anticipate outcomes from data trends or system documentation
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000AOZJ
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.