Finance Manager – AUM, Vice President
- Not Specified
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The AUM team is looking for an individual to:
- Lead the On-boarding of Complex and Alternative products onto the AUM snapshot.
- Support and lead tactical and strategic initiatives, including data migrations and systems/data integrations.
- Support the on-boarding and reporting of acquired firms.
- Identify ways to improve the AUM, Flow and Pipeline reporting processes.
- Support the weekly & monthly production processes.
- Improve communication with our clients and partners, better understand their needs, and help deliver an improved product.
- Display intellectual curiosity and participate and lead data mining/engineering projects.
- Lead the AUM On-boarding process for Alternative and complex assignments. Partner, influence and direct colleagues in other business areas (e.g. On-boarding, BDS, Client businesses, Investments, Billing, etc.) to achieve enhanced reporting accuracy.
- Provide oversight and guidance on integrations and migrations of internal and external data and systems.
- Understand the end-to-end AUM process and AUM policy and lead processes improvements initiatives.
- Support & lead weekly and monthly production
- Challenge existing processes and policies, identify ways to improve it and see them through to implementation.
- Become a contributor to the development of appropriate metrics and control framework to better manage and report AUM & flows information.
- Develop a strong working relationship with our clients & partners and identify ways to improve our products & service.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Understanding and/or experience in Finance, Accounting, Financial Reporting, Operations and Data mining.
- Analytical, innovative and organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of investment processes across all product structures.
- Ability to work on challenging deadlines
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven, enthusiastic and intellectually curious.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities – ability to interact with all levels.
- Strong prioritisation and influencing skills and ability to manage differing requirements from multiple ‘clients’.
- Ability and/or experience in developing strong partnerships with other business areas locally and globally.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with VBA a plus